Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Ah what’s that you wanna beat a boss? Pyromancer: yOu mEaN DiE?
are you guy? pyromances have it the easiest in boss killing lmao, chao and dark infusions have the highest damage out of every infusion and the damage for pyromancies are the strongest early game, also has the latest cap out of the 3 schools. so at 99 99 you have technically the highest damage
16 Jan. Are you really complaining about Pyromacies/Pyromancers ? They have it the easiest early on yes, since majority of earlygame enemies are weak to fire or are not resistant to it atleast. But just because the numbers are high on the "paper" means nothing. Sure you can spam bosses with Vestiges and kill 'em. But so can sorcerers. So can miracle builds. And let me tell you, You will most definitely deal more damage with a +10 Greatsword infused on Heavy (Str build) or +10 Sellsword Twinblades infused on Sharp (Dex build) , which both can be resined on top of that, than you deal with a +10 Longsword infused on Chaos which can be no longer buffed. Split damage is still just a split damage. If you put 99 99 in INT and FTH then there's something wrong with you unless you are close to SL 400-500 at which point, anyone can be broken since anyone can be anything.
For a pyromancer, the weapon infusions are made from chaos and dark gems. Only available end game, and so the beginning of the game will be difficult, notably in PVP. The first pyromancies are pretty bad in PVP also… very slow and easy to dodge.
I started as a mercenary, I dont know what to upgrade, can anyone help?
(This is the same person) I hit hawkwood cause I was bored, i'm stuck there.
Try to level vigor and strenght, thats the best choice early game
If you're a beginner then try doing whatever you feel like doing, if you feel like you need some hints then make sure to visit Dark Souls Reddit. It's full of people willing to help.
I would put my vigor to 27 first and then some endurance. As a mercenary, you already got points in dex so you should try out a good dex weapon to use. Before leveling dex, defenitely level your vigor and end first. You can infuse 1 good weapon with fire so it will do good damage in early game.
I started as a warrior, then i started investing stats some pyromancy and ended up being an hybrid pyro-warrior. Does that mean i m a demon?
i started as a mercenary and i end up leveling strength only
Assassin is so fun, being able to backstab enemies much easier (you can even run against them while behind and they won't aggro) and immunity to fall damage can help a lot of new players

Jovial

Souls: 40.00
2040: “ Hey dad how did you git gud? “ Dad : “ I got gud. “
Ok class beginning of the game just choose pyromancer.He cast the fireball spell and a lot of enemies in game have a fire weakness pair that with the deep axe that has dark damage with most enemies being weak to dark then you have yourself OP to start the game.
If you are unsure which class to pick, there are only two for that: Knight for warrior type characters, Pyromancer for mage types, either for hybrid types. When unsure, pick Knight. Luck is a -very- niche stat and they have it the lowest among classes. If you changed your mind on your character stats, there are respec's available in-game, though you can't lower a stat past its initial value.
The rest of the classes are only for when you know what you are doing, like played the game at least once, going after minmaxing or have specific build in mind. Or if you so insist on roleplaying. Just know, there is no unique gear a character start with, everything can be found soon enough during play.
For your first character, unless you're making an all-in-one-stat or luck character, you should only be considering one class: Knight. Consider you may want to switch playstyle halfway through your playthrough. Consider you may not feel like replaying the game all over again on other classes. There is a lot of reasons to choose the most versatile class for your first playthrough. No matter what build you want, except for luck, Knight is at worst 4 stats behind any other class. No other class has that versatility. The other classes that you may consider for dedicated builds are Warrior, Pyro, Sorcerer, and Cleric. But let's have a closer look on their stats in different builds, shall we!? (Ignoring VGR, END, and VIT for every build since they will always be upgraded to 15-40.) For a STR-only build, with ATT/DEX/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Warrior is #1 with Knight 4 stats behind. For a DEX-only build, with ATT/STR/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Knight is #1 (lolwut!) with Warrior 2 stats behind and Thief 4 stats behind. For a INT-only build, with STR/DEX/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Sorcerer is #1 with Knight 3 stats behind and Pyro 4 stats behind. For a FTH-only build, with STR/DEX/INT/LUCK as dead stats, Cleric is #1 with Knight 1 stat behind and Pyro 2 stats behind. For a mixed weapons STR/DEX build, with ATT/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Warrior is #1 with Knight 1 stat behind. Pyro is a whopping 13 stats behind. For a mixed magic INT/FTH build, with STR/DEX/LUCK as dead stats, Pyro is #1 with Deprived 2 stats behind, Sorcerer 3 stats behind, Knight 4 stats behind, and Warrior 8 stats behind. For a jack-of-all-trades 20-into-everything build with only LUCK as a dead stat, Knight and Pyro is king and queen, but Knight wins because of the option to save 2 stats on ATT and use rings to get spell slots. Unsurprisingly, Knight is superior to Pyro if you want to try a pure STR or DEX build. But surprisingly, Knight is also superior to Pyro on a pure INT or FTH build. Pyro would be 12 stats behind Knight in a STR/DEX "quality" build but only 4 stats ahead in a INT/FTH "pyro" build. Warrior is superior to Knight on pure STR, but is pretty much always 4 stats behind on any build that involves magic because of the 4 extra stats into Luck. Warrior is actually more well-rounded than Pyro for trying out all of STR, DEX, INT, and FTH (8 vs 13 stats behind at worst). Cleric and Sorcerer are too specialized, 15-16 stats behind Knight on STR and DEX builds. As you can see, Knight manages to perform close to the top dog in any kind of build. He is your best waifu when you want to try everything. You can re-spec your character 5 times every NG cycle at Rosaria. Remember you can copy/backup your save file prior to respeccing, and replace your save file with the copy if you want to turn back time to before you respecced (aka "save scumming") (completely legal action). That way you can try out different builds without spending your 5 respecs.
Since this wall of text is atrocious, I'll try to make it a bit easier by reposting sections in the replies.
For a STR-only build, with ATT/DEX/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Warrior is #1 with Knight 4 stats behind.
For a DEX-only build, with ATT/STR/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Knight is #1 (lolwut!) with Warrior 2 stats behind and Thief 4 stats behind.
For a INT-only build, with STR/DEX/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Sorcerer is #1 with Knight 3 stats behind and Pyro 4 stats behind.
For a FTH-only build, with STR/DEX/INT/LUCK as dead stats, Cleric is #1 with Knight 1 stat behind and Pyro 2 stats behind.
For a mixed weapons STR/DEX build, with ATT/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Warrior is #1 with Knight 1 stat behind. Pyro is a whopping 13 stats behind.
For a mixed magic INT/FTH build, with STR/DEX/LUCK as dead stats, Pyro is #1 with Deprived 2 stats behind, Sorcerer 3 stats behind, Knight 4 stats behind, and Warrior 8 stats behind.
Deprived is actually ahead of Knight by 1 stat on pure INT and pure FTH. Tied #1 with Cleric on pure FTH. Deprived is at best 1-2 stats ahead of Knight, but at worst 5 stats behind, so Knight is considered superior. Deprived is at worst 7 stats behind on pure STR and only loses to Warrior on 2/6 builds, so Deprived is more well-rounded than Warrior.
For a DEX-only build, with ATT/STR/INT/FTH/LUCK as dead stats, Knight is #1 (lolwut!) with Mercenary 1 stat behind and Warrior/Deprived 2 stats behind. ((Correcting the DEX post. Mercenary is inferior to Knight on every build, even DEX, so considered obsolete.))
Summary: Knight is #1 bae in versatility. Deprived is #2 but #1 in magic versatility. Warrior is #3. Pyro #4. Everything else obsolete.
For minmaxing, use online calc tool and you will see how deprived is almost never first in the list for wide variety of builds. But yes, Knight is the best, followed by Pyro & Warrior. Other classes are still valid, but mainly for very specialized builds.
Yeah calculator is good for predetermined builds. This comparison was to find the most versatile first character (thought it would be Knight, Pyro, or Deprived)............. Considering INT and FTH builds will probably use at least one melee weapon, STR and DEX may no longer be obsolete, and their best ranked classes can get shuffled around depending on what weapon requirement is added............. Pure STR and pure DEX may also need a few stats into the "obsolete" stat to wield their weapon, meaning Knight could be only 1 stat behind Warrior on pure STR............ This rabbit hole just goes deeper and deeper the more you dig! xD