Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

In case the steps seem confusing: for the Purification ending, collect any two out of the following three items: the Mortal Blade, the Shelter Stone and the Lotus Flower. Talk to Kuro and exhaust all dialogue; he now knows that you only need one more item. Rest, then eavesdrop. Talk to Emma, and say "I agree". Defeat Owl, then talk to her again. Go to the Old Grave Idol, go left, then talk to Emma. Go to the Dilapidated Temple and eavesdrop on Emma and the Sculptor. Talk to Emma about what you overheard, and then ask what she's hiding. You'll get the bell from her. Interact with the Buddha nearby. Defeat Lady Butterfly, if you haven't already. Otherwise, proceed and defeat Owl (Father). Progress as normal, defeat the Sword Saint, and then give Kuro the Everblossom. Done.

Liamconn35

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
On the step that says defeat owl, that means at this point you should get the last key item (shelter stone, mortal blade, or lotus) right?
@Liamconn35 Yep that's right, once Emma tell you she need to investigate more it mean you have depleted all the dialogue required so you need to get the 3 keu item, kill Owl then follow all the other instruction he mentionned. This wiki make the road to purification ending seems very confusing but it's pretty straightforward actually.
"In case the detailed steps above seem confusing, here's a paraphrased version that lacks the clear detail above, but somehow is more confusing"
I ended up giving the holy chapter: infested to Emma because that was an option, still managed to acquire the dragon tears though by completing every other step.

Liamconn35

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
do you mean frozen tears, because the dragon tears are something you get on any run other than the shura ending.

FromSoftBears

Souls: 50.00
Do you need to specifically eat the Sweet Rice Ball in front of Kuro or is that just an extra feature..?
you just get extra dialogue
Good question, and thanks for the answer. I was wondering how to collect for more sweet rice balls.
Not sure if I seen it in the notes but after talking to lady emma in the grave you need to make sure the sculptor doesn't have dragonrot so you can eavesdrop
Why did you downvote this guy? He's right
If anybody having troubles finding the Senpou High Priest with blue robe. From "Main Hall" Idol, go to the left and enter the cave, go inside the cave (Kill the mobs). Drop down and the turn to the right, crouch through the little "tunnel". Double jump up to the platform and then (before you grapple yourself up) it will be there in front of you. I had some troubles finding it so I decided to write it down, maybe it can be a little bit of a help for others.
I've got tomoe's notes but didn't talk to emma at the grave and also have killed the dragon is there any way i can still get the purification ending. BTW emma is with the dead body of isshin.
Nope,If isshin is dead you can't get that ending since the sculptor isn't at the old temple anymore
Cool, I did the last one blind! Now I'm going to move on to the rest.
Me too lol Cheers for the power of sheer exploration lol
I didn't eat sweet rice in front of Kuro, because I'm greedy T_T... let's see if I can still get Return ending...
Update: you can still eat sweet rice a bit later, while Kuro is present in upper castle
At Dragon's Homecoming Ending I had to first defeat the Owl before I could talk to the Divine Child about Kuro's rice again
How tf was I supposed to know I had to use the rice? As much as I like the ambiguity of the quests and choices, it really pisses me off that because of one thing, I didn't get the true ending
Totally agree. I guess the idea is to creat discussion and play the game multiple times
There is four endings, it's likely you would get curious and choose it once. On top of that, the kid really pushes you to eat it. It's a strong hint hint type of thing. Even the fact he gives you two. One for now and one for later. It also is interesting the most hopeful and "positive" ending is dependant on the simplest thing, rice. Rice was a unit of measurement in ancient Japan that also represented life. Kuro infused the rice with his essence, likely from his blood. Its probably the key reason the ritual with the immortal child works. It completes a sort of transference of soul or spirit with Sekiro acting as a kind of vessel.
never ate one of his rice balls and i had all 3 options to choose at the end after isshin. eating a riceball isnt required for any ending
It is supposed to be that you give 2 rice to the snake heart hags. From didn't think that players would be able to figure that sh*t out for themselves