Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

*teleports behind you*
"Nothing personal kid"
LOL! I thought I discovered something great and new when I found out that one of the dogs is pregnant
I have a theory why these things seem to teleport. When an enemy is out of your camera view, it moves in less frames. And because the dogs move so FRECKIN fast it is possible that the game can't handle their correct distance. I've seen dogs teleport in front of me falling a meter from above ground. Another good example is the dragonslayer Armour in the ringed city. If you run away from it to where midir breathes fire on the bridge and just peak behind you once in a while, you can see the armour going into a falling state sometimes. Knowing this you can use it as your advantage or just screw yourself over. I sadly learned that when I've been chased by a cathedral knight in consumed kings garden. You can outrun them when you are NOT facing them, but if you give them all their animated frames, they catch up pretty quickly. So, what have we learned? Miyazaki uses frame hacks to screw us with teleporting dogs and low frame chasing Knights.