Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Lothric, younger Prince, is not a Lord of Cinder since he hasn't linked the fire.
He was destined to be one, but it never happened
There's no lore, only speculation and guessing. That's always been the problem with Soulsborne.
The lore is up to your speculation. The game doesnt tell its tale by itself, the story exists within all in the game. Miyazaki wanted the players to find out the lore from their theories
I highly doubt Unkindled are "failed Lords of Cinder" especially as the Knight's backstory is explicitly given as having collapsed from exhaustion and they are Unkindled. Guess that's why "speculation" was put up there, but it's more of a groundless theory that belongs in the comments section.
well technically they are failed lords of cinder as in the game it says that the unkindled failed to link the flame, this goes against the second part of that point but really failing to link the flame is the same as failing to become a lord of cinder, ergo "failed lords of cinder" makes sense
It should be noted that there are always 4 great souls that u need to gather to link the flame cinders in here Abyss watchers are standing for Gravelord Nito Aldrich for four kings which are linked to Gwyn Yhorm the giant to bed of chaos and witch of izalith Lothric, younger prince to Seath the scaleless Ludleth of courland might be linked to the pigmy which can explain why his so small compared to other lords
One of the four fighting forms the Soul of Cinder takes seems really similar to someone from Carthus would do. The one where it wields a curved sword (similar to the skeletons' weapons in the Catacombs) and it uses pyromancy to empower itself while breathing out poison to harm the player. This is how the soldiers in Carthus would operate as they really didn't have a 'noble' way to battle and would do anything to achieve victory like their High Lord Wolnir. Overall, I believe there was once a REALLY strong warrior or king that ruled Carthus and was either forced or willing to link the flame as a Lord of Cinder. These are just patterns I noticed and is really just food for thought. .
Imagine if DS 3 allowed you to carry forward your save from DS 1 or DS 2, and you can fight a phantom, buffed up version of your character as one of the Lords of Cinder bosses
You kind of do with Soul of Cinder's Phase 1
If I'm not wrong, the Lords of Cinder across the entire series goes as follows: Gwyn Chosen Undead (Maybe) Burnt Ivory King Bearer of the Curse Ludleth of Courtland Abyss Watchers Aldritch Yhorm Lothric Soul of Cinder (If he counts, considering he's all of the above)
Nito, witch of izalith, four kings
no nito witch and four kings got fragments of gwyns soul
The Ivory King got burnt by the chaos flame not the first flame. He never kindled anything. He just tried to save the world and his land from getting overrun by the chaos flame.
I solved the most unknown glitch in DS3, the dark sign sun permanently disappearing in certain locations at random.