Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Legend has it, when he does the slam attack, the entire world gets caught in the AoE
For the headless version always roll back when hes about to smash the ground
This fight is against the camera as well
lmao @ the skill-less scrubs complaining about how the headless beast is unfair. i literally killed it on my first try with more than half of my blood vials left. just get two semi-decent summons and take turns drawing its attention, letting others heal when necessary... gamers are such babies these days i swear. you all need to lern2gitgud seriously
What's the weather like down there under your bridge?
says to git gud.. proceeds to brag about killing the beast with TWO summons..
Obvious bait is obvious.
"I used 2 summons" and "Git gud" aren't something you can use in the same sentence. Yes summons are there to help and I've used them because ***** the watchdog in defiled, but saying you used 2 kinda takes away the rights to say git gud
This bait is as obvious as the fire arrow trap in the chalice dungeons.
You’re really saying git gud when you needed two summons for it lmfao
So you used the help of two other people, yet proclaim anyone who struggles trying to do it solo are "babies". Okay.

Shinnok789

Souls: 50.00
U're one of those guys that try to act tough from the backseat of their friends car, ain't ya? Oh c'mon, fess up... did they do all the work while you dodged and healed ?
This has to be satire. I refuse to believe this isn't satire.
lol scrub. Go back and fight him alone like everyone else in the comments.
I really hope you are joking. You lost half of your blood vials while having the support of two summons, and you have the arrogance to say a single word about skill?
Best strategy I found for the normal version was to lock on and wait for him to try and hit you. Dodge to his left (your right) and then unlock and slash his leg a few times then back up to avoid his swipes/stomps. Re-lock on, then rinse and repeat. It works for both phases. You’re going to take some damage no matter what, but just try to not get greedy, stay patient, and you’ll be fine.
Seems like the prescence of the hateful maggot should be in the notes, since it kind of creates a link between the Chalice Dungeons and Cainhurst outside of the Healing Church.
Not just Cainhurst. They're in Nightmare of Mensis too
I noticed a small detail on the Headless Bloodletting Beast. When he backs up from you to a distance, sometimes he can't see you. He will start looking around his vicinity if the Hunter is nearby. It may not be an important note but it is a cool detail nonetheless.

Shinnok789

Souls: 50.00
I noticed that too. Only fought the headless version once until now (and killed him), but it happened 2-3 times during the fight... he was 2-3 quicksteps away and he was blindly searching for my hunter. Sidestepping did not draw attention, but i think using a blood vial does (it happened at least 1 time, i healed while he was looking around and he immediately started his blood projectile attacks). It's useful because you can use this respite moment to get in position and prepare your next move.
More bull*****than the Watchdog. Stupid *****ing thing. Can't beat it in crf pthumeru ihyll layer 4
Well yea. The watchdog wasn’t difficult at all. That’s a really low bar.
This battle in Ihyll was really hard and frustrating until I started being super aggressive and just dodging towards him instead of trying to dodge back and constantly hitting the walls. Keep a close distance and when he starts swiping, quickstep between his first attacks and diagonally towards his left leg (or below him) and immediately unleash your attacks. This was especially effective during his second phase because you will avoid getting bit by the parasite. If you get hit, you might prefer to rally some health back instead of healing. Being aggressive pays off! Don't give up!
holy christ, thank you. Got it first try after reading this ad just being aggro as **** on him. Basically just non-stop ran/rolled towards his left leg (so the one on the right if you're facing him) and either attacked or healed depending on whether I just got hit or not. *no matter what* just chasing that leg, at no time should you back away intentionally.
this worked amazingly well. didnt lock on, just ran/rolled to his left knee every time, very few of his normal attacks hit you there, and you can punish everything. youll get whacked sometimes (mostly the full slam if you dont dodge it), but if you do dont retreat to heal, that just makes his attacks more likely to hit. just go towards his leg again, but just heal instead of attacking once his strikes go over your head. super effective and i killed him in like 1 minute first attempt with this strat.
I find it interesting how ape-like this guy is compared to the other beasts (with the exception of maybe the abhorrent beast.) And its face looks really similar to the beast's embrace face, and while this boss certainly isn't Laurence, I wonder if there is a link between them, as the beast's embrace rune is dropped by Laurence. Though it could just be coincidence