Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

being hallowed has no negative effects except looking like u been in a bath for 12 hours
while hollow you will not trigger any NPC invasion. I spent my whole first playthrough hollow and no NPC invaded me the whole game
> while hollow you will not trigger any NPC invasion. I spent my whole first playthrough hollow and no NPC invaded me the whole game Not true at all
Formatting is a pain. Being hollow will not affect NPC invasions of any sort. Being embered or not is what affects it.
Can you become increasingly hollow, up to 15 without obtaining Dark Sigils?
no
Being hollow also increases the time it takes for effects to wear off. This won't be fun travelling through farron swamp.
I didn't even realize I was hollow untill ng+, and it was already capped

CasulMLG

Casual
Convict

Souls: 136.00
Wiki Edits: 9
It looks like I reach 15 Hollowing immediately, when I accidentally turn on a frontal camera of my phone
is there really a downside to hollowing? i've looked, but I don't notice any difference
No i don't think so the only downside is not getting another ending
while hollow there will be no NPC invasions. At least with 99 hollowing I'm sure of it
Not true at all. Are you confusing hollowed with embered?
Pretty sure that has nothing to do with hollowing
Pretty sure that has nothing to do with hollowing
So if I jump of a high place (upper part of shrine) with no souls and no ember, repeatedly, do I still get hollowing?
Presumably,yes.Though you could've tested this since you don't lose anything anyway
yes, that's how i sped up yoel's questline
So is there no downside to being hollowed, other than your dilapidated appearance? DS and DS2 would take away health when hollowed, but that doesn't seem to be the case with DS3. The damage boost of the hollow-salyer greatsword doesn't even effect pvp, so why not be hollowed?
Nothing, indeed.
You don't lose health in DS1. For each "soft humanity" (top left number) in DS1, you gain defence equal to 1 level. Being hollow vs human in DS 1 only allows invasions and summons of nova and players. Theres no other downside for being hollow other than you cant kindle bonfires for more estus flasks.
Only DS2 took away health when Hollow, which was a big part of what made that game *****ing terrible
@16 Feb I disagree, it gives you reason to use effigies.
How do you get dark sigils when you're already at lvl 99 hollowing with no dark sigils?