Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Dunno if anyone already did this but if you attack him at the 3rd encounter the moment he summon the chest and his jar you’ll start the fight before he picks it up... and I didn’t pay attention myself till I used whirlwind beside the alter and the jar broke it was instant death for him easiest way to kill him.
Had issues starting the fight right after he summons the chest and jar. Use teleport.. have it ready and him clicked.. you can do this way before... when he summons items... just teleport him behind you a bit and auto fight starts.
In third fight as soon as Xhaxh summons jar and chest teleport him far away. Then have a player in you squad absorb the soul in the jar. He dies. Easy. You get the chest items, loot, and xp.I have definitive edition on pc.

Kesarion

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 2
While you can kill him instantly by breaking/absorbing the jar as others have mentioned, you'll miss out on the Exp from the hearts. Another way to easily win the fight and get the hearts is to use Terrain Transmutation on the nearby lava (found on the southern side of the ruins, you only need to move it 3-4 times to get it to the altar) and teleport Xhaxh into the lava after the battle starts (you can position everyone on the high ground before you interrupt him with a ranged attack and block the vines with a summon). The hearts are easy to kill the usual way, they don't seem to be affected by the lava.
First encounter after setting him free by the overturned dwarf cart, I asked him about the mess and how he planned on getting his soul jar. When he said by killing more people I engaged battle. Mid fight, everyone within striking distance, he dropped out of the battle queue and healed to full, starting on the loop of his pre-dialogue animation (wandering, crouching, munching around the fallen cart). Finished the battle with the raised dwarves. I could not talk to him, but I could manually target and damage him. I whittled him to zero, but at no point did official battle start. He's at zero, bleeding from tendon damage as he wanders around. Not sure how to forward this bugged out debacle.
Sooooo....I pickpocketed his soul jar before he left on the alter encounter. No XP. No fight. No quest completion.
what if im playing by myself and im undead can i still do the final mission? how do i get blood for him to enter
Shapeshifter helment
This guide is confusing, and it's understandable as the game is rather confusing in places. I have the Mystic tag and learned his name was Xhaxh on the first encounter (basement). On the 2nd encounter (lower Cloisterwood x:230, y:195) he disappears after I attack him, kill the undead dwarves and then spare him in conversation. I also pressed him on his Xhaxh identity in the 1st conversation of the 2nd encounter, but I didn't offer him source before attacking him.