Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Is this weapon any good in pve? Obviously we all know its great in pvp with its combo into black flame, but for pve its stats seem pretty bad. At 40/40 int/faith it only does aroumd 340 damage. A chaos falchion does around 480 for me by comparison. Its spell buff is also pretty bad compared to the standard pyro flame. So is this only a pvp weapon? Or is there some saving grace im missing?
Swapping damage on a chaos infused curved sword for the convenience of your weapon being your catalyst. That's really all it comes down to. It looks cool, but I prefer the old reliable starting flame
Purely convenience of a weapon and a catalyst, and the only one there is for pyros. You could offhand this and mainhand whatever you want

xZer0x13

Souls: 50.00
Be better if light attack was a parry and heavy attack was a catalyst in your offhand.

Grim_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
you clean the dirt on the streets with r1 and where ever resistence occurs you unpack the nukes with r2. Pretty simple. Pretty effective.
"does not scale with Dexterity". I think you mean Strength? Table clearly shows Dex requirement.
That portion referred only to the Pyromancy Flame Spellbuff. Melee attack damage still scales with Dex.

xZer0x13

To the question of whether this increases Sacred Flame damage; a little yes. Tested on the Cathedral Knight at Lothric Castle, SL802 - Demon Scar spellbuff 220; damage 924 - Pyro Parting Flame spellbuff 226; damage 890 - Pyro Flame spellbuff 242; damage 806. Why Parting Flame did more damage than the regular Pyro Flame, I don't know, but, I'm going to assume the 110 critical on Demon Scar is responsible for the increased damage. If anyone finds different results or further logic on mine, please elaborate.

xZer0x13

Just noticed that Parting Flame has a mere 10 more fire damage than Pyro Flame, would this account for the extra 84 damage? I don't know, where the mathematicians at? lol - However this would still solidify the 110 critical as accounting for extra Demon Scar damage, since the fire damage is 421, 16 points lower than Pyro Flame, so it should less damage than that, but does more than Parting Flame. Perhaps Sacred Flame is more of a physical attack than an elemental attack?
Sacred flames damage is mostly affected by the catalysts actual damage, and less by spellbuff. its base damage+x%whatever spellbuff. so sacred flame having higher damage when these both have higher base fire damage makes perfect sense, and I dont think the crit modifier is doing anything to it, considering 10% would make it much higher then it is now.
the ultimate weapon for any pyromancer
i accidentally sold Wolnir's soul, i will give black knight stuff for black serpent or just his soul. PC Moni-Fen level 80.
just do ng+
You can’t drop boss souls or spells
Such a damn cool weapon, great for both utility and fashion on most Pyro setups