Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I think the lore description is too harsh on Vendrick, it better describes Nashandra anyway. DS3 kind of*****s on DS2's lore just in general which I think is a shame. For all the game's nitpicks I like 2's lore more than 3
That was a reference to Vendrick's own words. Whenever you use the Ashen Heart with the DLCs or SOTFS on Vendrick's armor, you can talk to him while he's still lucid in the crypt, and comments he hates himself for being fooled and used by Nashandra, then he says "[he] is no king, [he] is more fit to be a jester"
It's pretty widely said that vendrick wasn't a real monarch because he never made the hard choices gwyn or the chosen undead did
Gwyn wasn't a monarch or a god ether. He was given his power by something else. Not very god like. And he was a complete utter douch bag of a leader to. Build anar londo. Treated humans like***** cause he was scared of the pygmys children. He even had to make a deal, like Trump, with the leadership of the pygmies to get them to go away because gywn had to remain looking heroic and they were making him look bad. Everything the history says he and his knights did, was actually the humans. The ring knight armor says so. Gwyn talked the Witch of izzalith into trying to make a new flame because he didn't want to. He was to busy banishing humans and whoring his useless daughter out to them. Then the demons came and he even failed at that. So, in an effort to preserve his age of fire, he went to rekindle the flame, not for anyone else, just for him, to stay top dog, and it backfired, turned him hollow, and then all the gods left anar londo because of it. Gwyn got what he deserved, heck, all the lord souls are treated like crap for eternity because of it. Mistreated, abused, over and over. And they all had it coming. When the fire starts to go out, they get picked up again, wrung out like a old rag, and then set on fire. His precious age of fire destroyed time and the world. ***** gwyn and his **** sucking followers in the playerbase and the game world.
When you want extra souls but still want a parry Farron Greatsword
How the hell was Vendrick consumed by thirst?
they mean greed/lust
he was thirstin for nashandara
Descriptions of items aren't always correct. Sometimes they show a version of events as it's remembered, rather than how it actually was. It's likely this description refers to how Vendrick listened to Nashandra and attacked the giants, stealing their "something", which the giants then destroyed Drangleic in revenge for. The history might be that he was consumed by thirst for this "something" rather than conned by Nashandra.
Also Dark Souls specifically and FROM games in general have a long tradition of extremely terrible and sometimes just plain wrong "translations".
I would say that the Shield belongs to High Lord Wolnir of Carthus. 1st - He was a king, since he wore a crown (as is seen in the boss fight, as well as in the goblet) 2nd - The thirst is for souls. In the description of his soul, it says that he took many peoples lives in order to live longer. This also matches the power that the shield has of absorbing more souls. 3rd - Lord Wolnir Tome says that the Lord succumbed to the Abyss, becoming the grave warden. This matches the description of him being king no more.
This is literally Vendrick's shield from DSII
It amazes me how bad some other people's head canon is
it has the same visuals as king's shield from ds2 which is made from vendrick's soul. also whole ds2 was about going to other kingdoms and getting their crowns to become a "true monarch" as vendrick puts it
the shield literally has the banner of drangleic on it you *
*? Whos a *****ing *? Maybe they, like me, didn't bother playing dark souls 2 because it had nothing to do with the rest of the damn game and was a side track? Dark souls 1 and 3 have continuity at least. Dark souls 2 has very few anythings in dark souls 3, most of it was the crack in the ceiling in profained capital, and even that was debunked since everything has been uprooted, moved buried, stacked, all over the place due to time warping the world. Sides Dark souls 2 was horrible from what I hear.
that doesnt change the fact that it's vendrick's shield
Dark Souls 2 is an excellent game. With a story like Dark Souls, it's better off starting in different kingdoms anyway. And the people who say DS2 is clunky or find some other*****ty excuse to hate on it just like to circlejerk about how good DS1 is.
Don't get me wrong, DS2 probably has the worst lore and creativity of the souls series, but it's still 100% canon and ties with the other games perfectly. I probably played DS2 the most when it came out for PvP, DLC's are fantastic, it's a great game. There are 37 weapons and shields carried over directly from dark souls 2.
if we equip 2 shields in both hands does it count 40% ?
Yes it will. Just like 2 Crystal Sage Rapists will give you double item discovery. But you either have to fight with both, which sucks, or time it well. Unless its a boss, obviously.
Of course it would autocorrect to Rapists. Sigh. Rapiers*
Big oof there, friend. But yeah, wielding two of these is silly unless you're doing something like a shield bash-only challenge run or something along those lines.
2 Crystal Sage Rapists will definitely increase the item discovery ;)
Hey, it s not a bad idea. If you use 2 shields of want, you can parry.
Bit late to the party but it's not silly in the slightest, at least for bosses, they generally take some time to finally die and cash their souls in, so if you have the extra weight to spare or put some levels to increase your weight limit, you could carry shields on both sides on top of your usual load-out, switch while the boss is dying, and depending how good you are with the menu, maybe even equip Symbol of Avarice on top of that, that should more than pay for the levels you spent increasing your weight limit.
Well, it would actually go up to 44% bonus souls, due to how it's calculated. But yeah, technically, it could work.
This is my favourite shield in the game. It has never failed me. I only parry on Champion Gundyr and never in pvp, so this is great.
I ran into a cheater the other day. He was using this shield. This wasn't an ordinary cheater. He didn't mod in infinite health or anything obvious like that. He either gave himself infinite stability or stamina (I'm guessing the latter). He wasn't bad at the game. I was better, but I would say he was pretty good at PVP. Which is why I was surprised when he kept blocking my ultra with his shield. I was even more surprised when he didn't get guard broken after like 8-10 blocks in a short time frame (with him rolling and attacking the whole time). I just pointed down and BC out. I probably could have killed him even with his cheats, since I was up on estus (though, he could have modded in infinite estus as well), but I think it's better to just not engage with cheaters at all. It's really pathetic, though. I bet he gave himself infinite stamina so that nobody can tell he's cheating. Imagine winning being so important that you have to cheat and trying to hide your shame like that. I've met a lot of cheaters in Souls games, that one was probably the most disgusting, though. Considering he tried to hide it and he was good enough to not really need to cheat in the first place. I wonder how many cheaters like that I've come across without ever knowing it. I hope not many. I hope there aren't too many players that are THAT pathetic.
I recently got invaded by a cheater that insta-bled me with every strike from a non-infusable, non-bleed weapon. Then he decide that after I rolled too much, he somehow broke all my items and cursed me to death.
that cheater sounds like an angry child-god that kills the play things when they dont wanna play
No hacker can survive dark souls s gravity.
That cheater sounds like someone with 40 endurance who's good at the game
You gonna tell me Anon how 40 Endurance allows you to block 8-10 hits from a Ultra Great Sword whilst rolling around on top of that?
Good humble brag, sir Knight
They might not have been cheating. If they buffed the shield with great magic weapon they have 97 poise. That paired with 160 stamina will feel like they have infinite stamina. Then again, they could still be cheating since you would've noticed the buff applied. I use the shield buff in pvp since that is the only way to fight ultra greatsword wielders as a squishy sorcerer.
*Great magic shield, I mean

fellswoop

Souls: 55.00
“sigh.. (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
Shield wont add 20% souls gained if its in your back while dual wielding. You need to use it for it to work.
Not true m8, I'm using 2h weapon and the shield is on my back, still getting the same amount of souls
Stop relating this shield to that seath wannabe that is oceiros.
They forgot to add the mendicant's staff which brings the extra soul percentage to 237.6%