Souls: 3,280.00
Wiki Edits: 630
Can someone fix the Blastblight format?

Oxeye

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 4,265.00
Wiki Edits: 795
I rolled back to a previous version, as there is not much need to direct to two different pages for the version that monsters inflict and the version that players inflict, just because the effect is slightly different when affecting monsters. Also Blastblight is not an Elemental Blight. This page divides status effects into three parts: Item/Horn/Etc, Elemental Blights, and Ailments.

Oxeye

Regular
Battle Tested

I have worded the Blastblight section a bit differently to make it clear that the effect on monsters is slightly different. It should now be easier to understand.
Is there a hard cap on the amount of times a monster can be affected by an ailment? I.E. After 4 blast threshold breaks, it will no longer trigger the flat damage? Or is it just that the doubling of the threshold at some point would be too ridiculous to break before the monster dies?
It reaches a cap that becomes very hard to reach, but it never becomes immune. Realistically you can affect a monster that is weak to a status ailment upwards of 6 to 7 times before you'll just kill it.
Not imune per se but virtually imune. That's because after triggering it a few times the bar becomes so big you'll just kill it before anything else. Normally 3 times is a good amount for most ailments, but there are exceptions. Like a few monsters are hard to paralyze/poison even once/twice and others like kushala you can stun 5 or 6 times relatively easily with sticky ammo focusing the head.
Newcomer to the franchise here, so sorry if this is a stupid question. If I want to apply a Ailment with my bow, does it make a difference which body part I'm aiming at, are certain parts of monsters more 'efficient' to trigger a Ailment?
iirc it does not matter where you hit, as long as the attacks land
Nice, thanks for your reply! :)
Stun is pretty much the only exception. In this case you must aim for the head
Zombification? Lol wtf
Zombification? I wasn't aware we were playing Resident Evil.
It's from the Resident Evil event quest, incidentally.
Incase anyone's actually confused, zombification is specifically for one event quest, the Resident Evil Black Veil Vaal quest.
So who had the brilliant idea to replace regular effluvia with the event-quest-exclusive zombification?

Oxeye

Regular
Battle Tested

It has been restored
important question: why isnt slimeblight and blastscourge from brachydios here?
Slimeblight is Blastblight, the name got changed. Blastscourge is just stronger Blastblight. Same for Noxious Poison
So does this mean that ice and element has no effect on monsters? It clearly seems to do something involving tiring monsters faster yet I never see anything discussing their ailments on monsters.
For tiring Monsters faster, use BLUNT damage on every part except the KO-part (usually the head)
Monster's cannot be inflicted with elemental blight

Wolf_Pwnz_Noobs

Casual
Convict

Souls: 83.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Elements against Monsters only deal more damage, they do not inflict blights. All weapons (Hammer, Hunting Horn, Swagaxe, Light/Heavy Bowguns have exceptions) deal very low amounts of exhaust damage by themselves. Hunting Horn innately deals a moderate amount, Hammer deals much less then the Hunting Horn but much more then any other weapon, Swagaxe has a Phial that deals pure Exhaustion damage, Light/Heavy Bowguns have Exhaustion Ammo.
Does the ailment number have any effect at all? Should I be trying to increase this number?
It means when you trigger the infliction of ailment damage, it’ll do that amount toward the threshold, so it never hurts to get the number higher.