Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I've done all the prequisite steps to be at the 4th step but he isn't at the indicated area is there a way to mess it up its keeping me from getting my final depths map

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,746.50
Wiki Edits: 292
Try going to talk to the Self Important Revenant again. You have to hear that the shelter's construction is under way from him before you can talk to Richard about it.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
I've already talked to the self important revenant and finished his questline and it still won't progress
Fallenangel700 Thanks that actually worked for me i left the Ruined city center Poisonous butterfly nest area and came back talked to him and went back to the natural caverns and richard is there

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 8,746.50
Wiki Edits: 292
To the anon it worked for, glad to hear it!

To the other anon, it's not enough that you have finished his quest. You need to finish it, and then go back and get a status update from him. The one that says that the shelter's construction is under way, and a lot of revenants have requested a space there already. Richard is one of these revenants and will tell you about it when he gives you the reward.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
I had the same issue. Talked to the Self Important Revenant again, still nothing. Then I went through and did everyone else's quests and he shows up now. I'm not sure which one it was that did it, but I believe there must be another quest to complete to get Richard to show up. I believe it may be Matthew's quest.