Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

So does anyone know if Code Vein officially ties in with God Eater? Besides the Dyaus Pita making an appearance, there's a lot of overlapping stuff like the thorns of judgement showing up and the great collapse in general

Living

Souls: 50.00
Well it’s basically implied throughout vestiges that Revenants were made to fight the “Terrors” (which they call the Dyaus Pita a terror, so its implied they were made to fight Aragami) that appeared after the great collapse
kota's favorite show was called buggarally in code vein you can find a doll based on that and murasame liked said show ,
It seems likely that it's in the exact same universe but it's practically impossible to tell when unless the dev's would confirm that...(everyone in vein is part of an isolated community that has zero knowledge of what is happening outside and vice versa, so it could even be at the same time as GE) I mean anything related to how much time has passed since the Collapse and the start of the game is super vague and probably made that way on purpose to avoid having to retcon too much. Or it could be a what if? Type situation.. same universe, different timeline. Or a nice easter egg for GE fans, although that is a lot of GE connections for it to be just an easter egg imo.

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,171.50
Wiki Edits: 301
Weather or not CV is in the same world as GE is actually quite disputed. Disputed enough to spawn a 130+ post long discussion over on the Steam forums, and I'm sure it there are other places talking about it too. Personally, I think there's too much conflicting info for them to be in the same universe.

In Code Vein:
They are called Horrors
The Revenants were created to fight them
They appeared in the Great Collapse
and showed up with the Thorns of Judgement

In God Eater:
They are called Aragami
the God eaters were created to fight them
they appeared over time, with no special name for the event,
and the Thorns are no where to bee seen.

So I think they can't be in the same universe.

However, I do believe the Horrors and the Aragami are one and the same. After one of the endings, Mia comments on the Horrors' abilities. She says they are nearly immune to conventional weaponry and have regenerative abilities just like Revenants. Those traits match the Aragami's abilities. Not to mention that the Horror we see is clearly an Aragami.

So, in the end, I think that God Eater and Code Vein are two different worlds that had different responses to the sudden appearance of the same creatures. Like a diverging time line. Now, of course, this conjecture, and can easily be wrong.

On a side note, I saw someone point out that the humans outside of the mist would have to have some means of fighting the Horrors to have survived for so long. It's quite possible that they invented God Eaters of their own after the Revenants were lost. They would not the same God Eaters from the GE universe but rather people of the same form and function, if that makes sense.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
But you do see the Thorns of judgment in the GE world, you see them in the Anime with Johannes's past, and another time i think in GE1, also looking at Johannes's past. and im pretty sure GE3 has quite a few thorns in its stages
In that case then the dyaus pita that is in code vein must just be an easter egg and Louis' last name an easter egg to Lindow and his big sister.
God Eater does have "Thorns of Judgement" but they weren't told to us directly, even in God Eater, giant thorns were the outer border in each map. God Eater takes place in Japan, their called Aragami, however Vein maybe in the states, or more eastern, and let's be real here, if a guy saw a Aragami, we'd call them a "Horror" or a "Monster". if Vein does take place in god eater's world, it takes place in the past before God Eater 1, because in the last chapter the moon looks normal, it doesn't have a blue tint to it like in God Eater 2 or 3.
it seems God Eater and Code Vein are connected. Silva turns into a God Eater Pita after Mido places relics in him. The monsters outside of the Gaol might have been created from Mido’s experiments
Silva never turned into Pita, the cutscene followed on directly after Mido implanted relics into him which is , confusing but the game clearly shows him becoming Skull King.
Or... devs may simply not be as inventive? It's far from uncommon for a developer to reuse some assets in otherwise completely unrelated projects. Oracle cells and BOR parasites are fundamentally different organisms. As a concept they are the same, but every single detail is different. This is the first major "plot hole" here. Another one is lack of any mention of both in any game, in fact each franchise is quite exact on what each is and isn't. Then there are numerous differences that completely go against a single timeline or even setting: - If Code Vein is a prequel, there'd be a mention of an apocalyptic event in Got Eater. - If it's happening around the same time, there'd be Oracle Cell creatures in Code Vein and no, just because one creature has the same model and another looks similar isn't a proof, you may as well say Code Vein and Dark Souls take place in the same universe, because both games have Anor Londo and a set of enemies that are almost completely identical. - If it's a sequel, the Moon would've been green and humanity wouldn't be around, because there's no end to Oracle Cells and if Oracle Cells were somehow defeated, there'd be a heap of better weapons and technology for Revenants to deal with the Lost and whatever "Horrors" may be). For all intents and purposes "Horrors" may be the natural outcome of unchecked BOR parasites, whereas Revenants were "treated" with them in a controlled way resulting it vastly different outcomes. This also turns BOR parasites docile as long as they are fed, whereas God Arcs and God Eater themselves require multiple security measures in place to not go wild on the spot by simply existing. Another thing is the whole angle on the Mist thing. Officially it's "just there", slightly less officially it's there to protect humans on the outside, but in truth there are much stronger creatures running beyond it, meaning that humans on the other side may be actually doing worse than their counterparts inside the Gaol. The possibility of Revenants on the other side isn't ruled out though, as only the Queen was specifically created inside the city Code Vein takes place and Queen going frenzy actually made it less habitable for Revenants within the city.
PS. Look at all those linebreaks I put in there. smh
Such a silly comment, It's 100% the same universe, you can't dismiss having the exact same iconic monster.
Somebody ate GOD? WHAT the FU*K
Did I miss somthing

Fallenangel700

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 9,171.50
Wiki Edits: 301
He's... probably talking about God Eaters. They are called God Eaters because they devour Aragami using their God Arcs. Seeing as Aragami translates to Devouring Gods and God Arcs are biologically grafted to their user, the name God Eater is quite literal.
Slayer of Demons,Inquisitor,Ylissean Tactician,Kindred Hunter,Gray Warden,Dark Lord,Good Hunter,Chosen Undead,Nerevarine,Exile,Mugunghwa Investigator,Tremere Anarch,ESPer,Squad 7 Hero,Nohrian Prince,Arisen,God Eater,YoRHa Android,Tenno,Hope's Peak Dropout
The way I see it, CV and GE take place in the same world, but in alternate continuities. CV takes place in a world where the Aragami appeared all at once due to the Great Collapse releasing them from underground, whereas in GE their appearance was gradual, with a few sightings here and there before they started showing up en masse and society collapsed. It seems BOR Parasites are unique to CV, either that or they're some type of Aragami which acts as a symbiote instead of devouring its host. Oracle Cells obviously were not discovered prior to the Great Collapse, but if the humans outside are able to fight the Horrors, they must have troops similar to God Eaters. Revenants are also able to fight them, since Mido says that the Horrors within the Gaol of the Mists were wiped out, so they are obviously resistant to the devouring ability of Oracle Cells. Because that is most definitely a Dyaus Pita making an appearance, and even though reusing assets is a thing, I very much doubt that Bamco would use one of God Eater's most recognisable Aragami out of sheer laziness. They knew full well what having Pita show up implies about the world of Vein and its relationship to the world of God Eater. There are too many inconsistencies with the sequence of events for me to think it's the same timeline, but an alternate continuity makes sense.
I check the timeline for God Eater if CV take place between 2060-2070 because GE 1 take place in 2071. The earliest sighting of Dyaus Pita was Russia 2065. Considering it travel from Russia to Far East in Anime. Dyaus Pita is traveling type.
I do believe Code Vein and God Eater the animation share the same universe. In one of the episodes involving a flashback with sakaki, johannes and Aisha, there is a specific scene which shows how it all begins. And that is, thorns appearing from the ground which the trio(or duo) then (some time later) mentioned it destroyed some large percentage of the population. That same scene shows how the first aragami, the ogretails, is born. The game clearly made no mention of thorns in any shape or form but that aragami suddenly appear one day. Some evidence with holes in building but nothing substantial. Contrary to that, the animation took a more gradual approach in aragami introduction, in that first a few weird mutated alien lifeforms were found in both sea and land, followed by the thorns and that the mass appearance of the aragamis. If it does infact share the same universe as god eater the animation, then perhaps code vein occurs either 1.Before the end of season 1 where Dayus Pita is still alive, as Dayus Pita is a one of a kind aragami. 2. Much later when more aragamis are able to take the form of Dayus Pita. Pita is now a rather common occurence.
Evidence of thorns formation can be found in S1E8 22:00
I just want to point out that Louis’ last name is Amamiya. Much like Captain Rindou and the Major.
That's a interesting thing you point out. Totally miss it. Maybe it's an easter egg thing to have a brother and sister taking on the surname Amamiya in the different franchise they developed.
much like... Persona 5 MC in Persona 5 The Animation