Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

TERRIBLE. for pvp, it's so slow & you'll EASILY. get stunlocked before you can even DO. anything
most people don't run str builds because they don't know how to bait people into their big damage. is k though r1 spam is there to save you

Aieywee

Souls: 70.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Off-hand it with a straight sword
It does lots of damage, and is BEASTLY on a 99 strength build. But I don't see myself using it because I think it is overused in pvp, and it is cancer to put players through that. This is just my opinion though, and I haven't tested it on many different builds, so... whatever floats your boat, I guess.
How the hell is this slow gigantic axe cancerous. You need to duel a lot my friend. You haven't seen*****.

Aieywee

If you offhand this with a straight sword in the main hand you have an incredibly strong setup

Aieywee

Ok so I see a lot of people who use this thing in a less optimal way so I feel the need to clear things up. This weapon should not be 2-handed: The small damage bonus is not worth the loss of the light attack combo The best way to use this is in the off-hand: When using this in the offhand and a straight sword in the main hand you have a setup that is incredibly strong. You can shred their health with a yhorm's combo and finish them with the faster attacks of the straight sword. (For a dark build, use the Dark infused Great Machete)
It attacks faster while two handed you twat
*offhand heavy caestus +10
It has less hitstun when two handed, so it doesn’t combo
So idk why people super like or super dislike this. Pros: Easily the best source of Standard Damage, which, btw, even in full lapps, is the best type of damage in the game for pvp. Cons: kinda slow, parriable(though not worth attempting) and unbuffable. Dont like that you cant two hand? too *****ing bad, get 66 strength anyway and use the lothric warbanner. That gives you WAY better damage then two handing ever will. Have fun doing like 900-1600 in two hits and being tanky af. Dont like the running attacks? switch it to offhand, problem solved. its straight up ridiculous for damage in this way, far outdamaging any dark scrub or buffer. Screw it, get like 40 strength and grab sacred oath, wolf ring, and some poise armor and boom you can now trade with everything but a greathammer. have fun stomping on literally anybody with 2-3 hits.

CasulMLG

Casual
Convict

Souls: 136.00
Wiki Edits: 9
Listen here, cas: Greataxes standing R1 attacks can not be parried. And it can be buffed via the weapon art, so it does not need any other buffs.
Real talk, why does it work so good in the left hand? Looks super dumb but that's just fashion baby
Screw your SS outspacing and eat my shockwave.