Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

any reason why you aren't taking adrenaline or somatic zeal in instead of cleansing n frost ewapon?

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 760.00
Wiki Edits: 40
adrenaline is weaker than Frost Weapon and somatic zeal as well.... its just adding less damage

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

also cleansing light is healing around 80% of the damage you take from Blood Sacrifice
Hey Jenova! I really love your build and I was surprised how much damage it deals, great build! If you are done with this build could you maybe make a Bayonet Build? because I would like to try out a bayonet build but I am kinda bad in combining stuff/creating builds haha I had my own 2hand weapon build and it dealt as much damage as your Wrath Build with onehand weapons. Would really love to see more builds form you!

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

i will add more builds in the future i guess. but i don't really like to play with bayonets unfortunately. i think fex is already doing a bayonet build, and someone else here just postet one as well :)
This setup is suboptimal. Elements are better spread wide than tall generally, as you gain less elemental modifier from stacking elements than from spreading them. Blood Sacrifice is pointless on this build, it is neither ichor hungry enough to not be sated with ichor concentrates, nor running Survival Instincts. Cleansing Light is useless with Noble Silver in NG+ and beyond, most attacks are going to either oneshot you, or true combo into oneshot in the harder fights, and in the easier fights, you can simply rely on regeneration. Not running a Barrage spell is a major DPS loss, as they scale with Swift Destruction. Phantom Assault is basically mandatory on all 1h sword builds for its ability to evade damage while dealing damage. Of course, we've already had this talk on the discord, and you claimed I was stealing your build then added a bunch of the stuff we suggested and didn't credit us, so hey.

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

yeah as you said yourself we already talked about this on discord. i use different skills than you are and i have no problem whatsoever on NG+ and forward with this build. and i wont discuss this here with you again
What would you suggest then?
Jenova, when designing a build for others to use, a certain measure of care needs to be given to making sure it's optimal in its role. As we've said, this doesn't perform in its role nearly as well as it could. There are better, more effective setups for it stemming from the same core that are more universally applicable and with higher performance in the same circumstances. While it may work for you, how much of that is simply that you've adjusted to the game's mechanics, and how much of it is the optimization of the build?
For the sake of information what is your build then?
Mind/Fortitude instead of Mind/Will or Mind/Vit. More Stamina is more valuable than Literally Nothing in the case of Mind/Vit and an exceedingly marginal increase to potency to just the spell attacks on iceblood/blazing claw. Remove Blood Sacrifice and Cleansing Light and replace them with Phantom Assault and Ice Barrage. PA is all but mandatory for 1h sword builds as it's able to I-frame many attacks when used right, and recovers extremely fast, making it an amazing tool at safely countering radial AoE or the final strike of a bosses combo. Ice Barrage has immense unbuffed damage and is the best punish you can run due to its extremely short cast letting you deploy it between attacks on many bosses. Modify elements to either be elements not inherent to your current weapons (larger potency jump) or replace one with Fatal Surge if you are using Jack.
Just to be clear the rest as described here but with PA, Ice Barrage and Mind/Fortitude? For Elements you mean for example Thunder Iceblood or Poison Blazing Claw? What about the transformation for Noble Silver?
I'm referring to elemental weapon spells. Taking elemental buff spells that match your weapons primary element is inferior to splitting elements due to how element scaling works. Most of the build core is simply standard to most builds that utilize Queenslayer or low weight. It is possible to drop Str/Dex for Survival Instincts as well, but most people aren't comfortable playing low HP.
Ok got it but is it right to transform the weapon to have more of the same element? And Blood Veil transformation?
Loss of base stats makes it generally better to not elementally transform it and instead run fortification or intensification based on level and weight. If you're going pure iceblood, you can double fortify, while if you're running blazing claw, neither can be fortified. Eventually Intensification simply wins out. If you ARE going to elementally transform, it's generally better to split elements across multiple unless you're going for full stack, which is incredibly situational and I'd generally advise against it with very few exceptions (Fullstacking a backup Blazing Claw for ice armor yetis)
Thanks a lot for the informations, let's wait for the DLC for more contents.
Does Phantom assault actually have Iframes? I seem to get hit as often as not when using it.
Phantom Assault has I-frames from once you disappear until you complete the first of its two attacks (or somewhere close to that). It's not the widest window, and it takes a bit before they start, but it absolutely does have them.
Regarding the "Mind/Fortitude instead of Mind/Will or Mind/Vit" Mind/Willpower Up will allow you to use Chaotic Ash that for the cost of 1 icore grants you 10 icore and in the build you suggested me you have max 20 icore so either that or add one of the 2 active that grant your weapon more icore per hit. What do you think?

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

about blood sacrifice: i dont want to make a build that is dependant on consumables. blood sacrifice lets you full buff everything at once, should you need it, and cleansing light makes sure you dont loose too much HP if you dont use Final Journey right after that. cleansing light is still good even for NG+. Barrages consume Ichor which i want to use for my buffs instead. this is a full melee build without any damage-"spells". if you like Phantom assault more, great, then use it. i don't. this build is optimal for my purposes and if you dont like it post your own build here. Mind/Fortitude might be better, i can accept that. i havent really thought about fortitude tbh. but everything else is just personal preference. the elemental buffs or for the sake of a kind of "themed build" - this one uses ice and fire. feel free to modifiy this build. its just an idea i give to the people. i made it for ME, not so everyone can use it - if they arent confortable with some of this stuff - thats how all builds work - you can never satisfy everyone. and now please stop arguing and instead upload your own build here, thank you
Hey man, I really like your build tbh. However, I do have a suggestion because of something you may not have noticed. It's about using Blazing Claw as your main weapon. It does work really well with the build's stats, but you state that you use it for it's low weight to get "quick" mobility. I've tested this myself, and I don't think that it is actually necessary to do this. We know that activating Final Journey increases all of your stats resulting, resulting in higher damage, but you may not have noticed that it also increases your mobility, similar to the Hasten ability, allowing you to use a stronger, heavier weapon while still gaining the benefits of Swift Destruction anyway. Just something to consider.

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

i know that Final Journey is giving you quick movement no matter what weight you have... but if i don't fight bosses i don't use Final Journey... and i want to stay quick even without Final Journey
Based on this: Wouldn't basing a build around elemental damage be counterhelpful?
My link didn't post, its the "This is how elemental buffs work for melee users" on the code vein subreddit.

RobTheUnkindledOne

Souls: 50.00
This Build is awesome been using it for two play throughs now. a Question that I've seen in the comments that you've answered as well. You take Frost Weapon over Adrenaline and said you do more damage. I've tested this out on the Dummy and I do 1k more damage on the dummy with Adrenaline compared to Frost Weapon. I can only assume this is dependent on enemies? which I use Flame Weapon on 90% of enemies/bosses. Other than that I love this build and is probably my favourite build in-game 1h wise. I've yet to find another build which deals more damage, while being able to have quick mobility.

RobTheUnkindledOne

Also, what Upgrades do you use on Blood Viel, and Blazing claw? I currently use Alleviation for less weight to increase passive damage, and I've yet to choose an upgrade for Blood Viel

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

thank you, happy you like it! about the upgrades: i dont use any transformations on blazing claw nor the blood veil. if they dont have any transformations your are exactly at 50/100 weight which grants you quick mobility already. if you use alleviation on blazing claw, to my knowledge that doesnt do any more damage from swift destruction as its already quick (instead it reduces damage because of the alleviation minus damage), but i might be wrong.
about the adrenaline damage you get (1k) i dont know... semms like a level scaling thing. i never got 1k more damage from adrenaline, no matter what i tried. instead i always stacked frost and flame weapon

RobTheUnkindledOne

Ignore what I put lol, I didn't realise you could use Frost Weapon and Fire Weapon at the same time. and thank you for a swift response.
What's that glowing thing on your back

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

those are Accessoires from the Character Creation. The "thorns" are from Deluxe Edition only, the halo should be in the game without any addons
Should the Blazing Claw +10 be used with no infusion as it's not mentioned in the guide? Additionally, do you think it is possible to get to Quick-level mobility with 1-handed swords earlier than with the recommended items in this guide (before getting Queenslayer, Noble Silver, Iceblood and Blazing Claw)?

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

yes Blazing Claw should be used without infusion/transformation for this build, otherwise you wont get quick movement.
and yes its possible earlier in the game to get quick movement with other 1h swords and veils earlier. Hanemukuro has 32 weight, Sunset Sword has 30 weight for example and there are other codes that give you more max weight, and other veils that have decent low enough weight as well to get quick movement
Dude thank you. I didnt completley take or use your build but reading this helped me come up with a strategy against blade bearer and the cannon fire dude and i appreciate it. That match was giving me hella trouble