Discuss Code Vein, Bandai Namco's Action-RPG!
Visit the Code Vein Wiki

Xenocraft1212

Souls: 50.00
I created an account so I can edit and reply so i'm reposting, As far as I can tell the password settings don't work. If we use the exact same password and one requests and the other searches the searching will never find them. We've tried with everything unrestricted and with restricted area and choosing the same area. I live in America he lives in Denmark and we set our regions to the same but nothing ever worked

Fyuusha

Personally, it's worked for my friend and I. Granted, we live in the same region (North America), but we've been playing just fine since launch (password also worked in the network test). Our settings are "No Restrictions" for Area and Matchmaking, Regions are the same, and Password is set to "Set". We've also both are able to connect even when our VPNs are running. As a side note, I would make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking connection on Private/Public networks.

Xenocraft1212

We were able to get it working by matching our steam download region. to be clear not drive location but geographical location

ldbeth

Souls: 80.00
Wiki Edits: 5
Someone reported that the language setting of the game should also be set to the same from Steam
So you can't do two coop partners instead of the npc? That seems like a easy concept they could put in T-T
Multiplayer is broken ... i tried 1000 times to play with another players.... nothing all time i see a loading screen and it say... connection broke up... . All game work ...just these not! Thats extreme annoying. And yes i have tried a lot of settings nothing changes.

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 765.00
Wiki Edits: 40
are you playing on PS4? do you have a Plus Account? if not try that...
Can you not connect to trial players if you're in the full game?
My friend and I live in different regions. We both want to play this game together but it seems like the distress signal system doesn't work. We've tried having the same password. No restrictions for Regional matchmaking and Same area as well. Tried alternative methods as well and still doesn't work. anyone else know a solution to this?
It’s something to do with steam. I don’t remember the exact thing; but the step I remember was that it was in the steam browser, then you click on the thing that says steam and settings at the top left: you want to have the same download server or something like that. Was having this issue until a friend and I found this out
On console, the game doesn't allow multiplayer invites until after a distress beacon has been sent out. If you set an arbitrary password and then send out a beacon you should then be allowed to send a game invite through the game or directly from your friends list.
Me and my friend are having a similar issue, I can join his game but he can’t join mine. I have open NAT and so does he. And it started after the consoles update.
Guys guys... Use Hamachi or Radmin, it will help you connect with others , or make a better connection too
im having coop issues on XBOX. i can join a random game, i can join a friend with password no problem. but when i try to host anyone it take about 10 failed attemps or not at all. any idea why this is happening. it seemed to start when the patch when up.
just to give a bit more info, i just made a second character and he doesn't have any summoning problems (at the moment) all i can think is either the patch tweaked my save or i have been doing alot of material/haze farming could that of caused it with quick area refreshing. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

JenovasWrath

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 765.00
Wiki Edits: 40
its all dependant on luck... should have nothing to do with your savegame... maybe the time is just better and more players are online from other regions as well
I’m having the same problem as well so it can’t be a coincidence that 2 people so far have the same issue
my second character has done a full run through, summoning at every boss no problems. tried my first character several times during at different times and different regions (10min on 3 different regions) each attempt. still getting failed to connect every time.
I had the same problem that i tried to send a distress signal and the message failed to create multiplayer session came up when people tried to join like 100 times in a row and removing all my gifts from unused bloodcodes seemed to fix it for some reason
is nice that there is no pvp, it would ruin the FUN op builds instantly
An optional invasion system and arena would be great. That way people who like pvp can still do it and the PvE only neutered *****es can feel safe. It's a win win!
Or you can go gank people in Souls and feel like your non-existent peen is bigger because you won a video game fight.
No PvP means this game is going to be very short lived.