Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

he has a broken arm and hes swinging a greatsword with his off-hand and he still wopes your *** BIG TIME what a *****ing badass.
he looks effing stupid
like a blue peenus with a fedora
Are you sure you know what Artorias look like? Or a phallus for that matter?
Beat Artorias first try

chiavator1234

Souls: 4,234.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 481
Which Build did you use?
Artorias is one of the best boss fights in DS1 and in all of souls games in general. He is brutal, fast and quickly punishes your recklessness, but fight is completely fair as all of his attacks can be completely evaded or blocked. Contrary to some bull*****fights like capra demon or bed of chaos you won't be punished you for something you did not have opportunity to learn, you have all the time you need to observe his moveset and look for openings after his combos. All you need is shield with decent stability and decent stamina pool. I died multiple times when I first met him but I did not felt "cheated" by game mechanics like in aforementioned bull*****boss fights as each death felt exclusively as my death. 10/10
*as my fault
Took around ~50 tries but I finally managed to beat this guy on my SL1 character. (Manus is gonna be a pain in the anus)
Manus doesn't rhyme with anus btw
That guy is a beast, wish I could cheese him like I did Sif.
This boss fight was most fun i had ever in boss fights
one of the more fun bosses in the dark souls series. infuriating at first, but then it feels fun fighting him. one thing though, THAT DAMN HIGH JUMPING ATTACK (not the flip) CATCHES ME EVEN WHEN I ROLL.

radd93

Souls: 50.00
Did anybody else first try him like I did on first playthrough? This is a good strat if you have a tanky strength build 50 strength, 30-33 Dex, a greatsword +15, power within stacked with sunlight blade and the black iron tarcus set all at +5 , the ring of FAP and havels ring, 50-60 endurance, 25 VIT ,30 faith, 15 INT I had so much poise he didn't stagger me 2 handing attack power was at 900+, I rushed at him and did either 5 light attacks or 4 light and 1 heavy and he died the fight was over in less than 30 seconds lmao

radd93

Souls: 50.00
EDIT: With a black knight shield +5
I beat him level 1. I used: Dusk Crown, Fire Tempest, Power Within, Bellowing Dragon Crest Ring, and Red Tearstone Ring. Did 1875 damage a fire column.
EDIT: Used pyromancy flame +5 (Ascended)
YOUR A BOSS
Could someone rewrite Artorias' location better? "Before Oolacile Township" doesn't help someone like me who doesn't know to go to Darkroot Basin to find him and Oolacile. I spent over a 1/2 hour trying to figure this out. The Oolacile Township page doesn't say what area to through either. This is frustrating.
read up on how to access dark souls "artorias of the abyss" dlc