Comments made to our Dark Souls Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Why is that the weapon model of flamberge in DS1 very different to DS2 and DS3?
Snakes
Sssssssssnakessssssssssss
I'm not entirely sure I think they may have been holding 2 pictures up and one was the historical flamberge and the other was one found in berserk and they picked the berserk one because they figured no one will notice then later on they looked at it and were like this would look really dumb with the lighter setting of dark souls 2 so they went with the realistic but kept it for the gothic style of dark souls 3 when the older okkne would be been better

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 175.00
Wiki Edits: 17
I much prefer the design of the flamberge in this game over the designs of the subsequent games.
The design in the later games is looks like the flameberge used in real life, rather than this, which is just a badly curved sword.
Ditto
Um no... The Flamberge in DS2 and DS3 looks like an anctual Flamberge. The Flamberge in DS1 looks like a sword that somebody bent out of shape, but decided to use anyway.

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 175.00
Wiki Edits: 17
I understand what you’re all saying, but since it’s a dark-fantasy game, having a fantasy-looking weapon is not really a problem. Besides, considering that the history of the Dark Souls world and the history of the real world are quite different, it wouldn’t be strange for some weapons to be different from one world to another, even if they’re bearing the same name. It being a fantasy world implies that things are different than what’s ordinary to us. Besides, being historically accurate is completely different than being aesthetically pleasant and you also can’t blame anyone for a little originality.
It's not aesthetically pleasing, original or practical. It's an ugly, malformed perversion and hopefully it never returns.
i agree, I like it too, I also like it when people are respectful of others opinions but also value the actual intention of the design instead of complaining it's not historically correct, it's built by the original weirder so, who are snake-men it's big and waved to symbolise snake attributes, it doesn't need to have the zero gander-like parts when it's weirded by snakes
*zweihander-like parts* autocorrect hurts me

heart3ele

Casual
Convict

Souls: 84.00
Wiki Edits: 6
The design is fine, personally I think it's***** but for what it's made for it's fine. The problem is they named it the "flamberge" when it looks nothing like any sort of real life flame-bladed weapon.
in ds 3 flamberge look like the real flamberge wielded by the real snake-men... wtf? who care how a flamberge look like in reality? dark souls isnt in our reality and for sure the talisman is accurate, it's like a real hanky from the real world, like my cloth hanky but i cant cast force with it
go play kcd if you want "storically accurate" sh.t
Being about as curvy as your mother, this is... Well, a really badly curved non-curved sword.
Why doesn't anybody say like:"this is so good" or "this is absolute trash" or "i dropped it and now i can't pick it up anymore" , in other words: the normal comments? Why is litteraly the only thing you guys say:"it is so not like the real one" or "it just looks like some kind of disabled blacksmith made this"?
I agree, this weapon is fantastic, I also like how it's deliberately built that way cos I matches with it being used by snakes

heart3ele

Casual
Convict

Souls: 84.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Because it does look like some kind of disable blacksmith made this. I mean it's probably a good weapon, but honestly it looks like*****.
I'm only new to dark souls the original as I came into the series from bloodborne and ds3 and 2 however I have read the mechanics and know what this games like, I recently got DSR and I love this weapon
Looks slightly like the coiled sword, or is it just me?
i can't wait to kill quelaag so i can finally buy the crest, and this weapon
Is this weapon supposed to be a rare drop? I’ve found three of them just from having to run back and forth through Sen’s Fortress pre-Lordvessel
Same honestly
What's the most effective path for this weapon??

chiavator1234

Souls: 1,778.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 176
Where it is found is written on this page, for the Move Set there is a link to the video.