Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Empowered Mortal Draw is perhaps the single most useful Combat Skill in the entire game. Using it with Yasharikus sugar or spiritfall only amplifies it's devastating damage to the enemies Vitality and Posture and some bosses are completely trivialized by it; Guardian Ape and Father Owl has never been more deserving of my UTTER PITY than when I completely denied their strength when faced with my YEMD )Yasharikus Empowered Mortal Draw. Seriously, Shadowfall and Spiral Cloud Passage are *****ing wonderful aswell, SPC when paired with Bestowal and Yashariku or Ako, Shadowfall whenever else, BUT YASHARIKUS EMPOWERED MORTAL DRAW IS THE EPITOME OF SEKIROS POWER. A DEMON OF HATRED, AN OLD FATHER OR EVEN A SWORD SAINT STAND HELPLESS AGAINST THE MIGHT OF THE SURVIVING TWIN'S CHARGED DEATH SLASH. I gotta hit the *****ing sack, I'm done.
I wonder if any future DLC will feature the history of the Mortal Blade. We know the origins of the Rejuvenating Waters so wouldn't its opposite, the Mortal Blade perhaps come from an equally powerful or mythical entity?
"Obtaining the Mortal Blade unlocks a unique combat art: Mortal Draw, that utilizes the Mortal Blade in combat. Costs 3 spirit emblems to use; the attack can still be used when out of spirit emblems, but will do less damage." Not true, it does the same damage but has less range.
A good tip is this Mortal Draw Combat Art is very Strong against all Humanoid Bosses & Mini Bosses : like 2 of the Father Owl fights , Emma Gentle Blade , Isshin Ashina & Isshin Sword Saint aswell as Genechiro's 1st phase against Isshin Saint. For a Great Damage Output against Monster-like Bosses it works really well against Guardian Ape ( Phase 1 Only ) & also very Strong against Demon of Hatred ( All Phases ). Through my NG+4 playthrough's i tested it against all Bosses & Mini Bosses it turns out pretty well against anything , But Terror Inducing Enemy like Headless's , Shichimen's , Headless Ape & True Corrupted Monk ( Only Final Phase it takes lesser damage ). It turns out that Divine Confetti is actually the True counter of Terror induced enemies not the Fushigiri... this Odachi is actually ment to only Kill & One Shot the Centipide inside the Headless Ape & True Monk cuz the Crimson Imbued Odachi is partcially an Immortal Ender hence why "Immortal Severence". It works pretty well against Beast-type Bosses & Mini Bosses. Mainly Humanoid Bosses & Mini Bosses... try not using it against Terror Enemies but go for Divine Confetti & Pheonix Lilac Umbrella is better... I'm not saying it doesn't deal damage against those enemies but it doesn't Stagger them & also no Significant High damage output against them, as it does to Normal Humanoids aswell as Beasts. Goodluck & Enjoy hope this helps
Got the mortal blade, but didn’t receive the mortal draw combat art, did i miss something?
Ahh, its a combat art, found it, sorryan pozoni