Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

***** me, the only person I bothered to kill him on was my sorcerer and I never picked up the set before going to NG+. Oh well, it's a*****ty set, to be honest. Way too heavy to roll in without stacking all your points in vitality AND wearing DLC Havel's Ring and it doesn't even offer damage protection that justifies the investment. Maybe I'll make a beefy character with Gundyr's set. I want a strength character with a heavy set who can roll. For PvE, obviously, though not sucking in PvP is a plus.
rip poise 2011-2016
I mean you can still mindlessly r1 spam your way through the pve so whats to complain about
In order to utilize the full Havel Set, Including the Shield and Tooth, you need 78 Vitality. 78. With Havel's+3, Fap+3, and Gundyr's. At least 79 to be able to use Caestus for parrys/quick attacks.
Or with a lothric knight sword and knight shield you only need 30, Vitality scaling really poorly makes heavy weapons way too hard to use unless you want to sacrifice armour, but even withonly the dragon tooth you'd be spending 16 extra points in vit over sword and board, literally invalidating the prisoners chain
P O I S E B O I
*Makes poise only useful for great weapons* *Max poise set too heavy to use with great weapons* Well done, Miyazaki.
I’ve got a pound in catalysts, a 0.8 ring, +2 havels ring, +2 fap ring, the weapon which is the fourth heaviest in the game and 50 vit and I can still med roll. I imagine by 99 vit I’ll be able to have the shield and med roll.
Specifically weight costs are broken because reducing weight is way more effective than increasing vit, literally if you use a light weapon/light shield you can wear heavy armour much more easily than trying to use both a heavy weapon and heavy armour, literally from a stat perspective there's no reason to use any shield heavier than black knight, you end up costing so much vit or armour weight that could be better used elsewhere It's the same in the others too though, there's nothing stopping you from just going heavy armour and using a light dex weapon or pyros or anything else, the heavy armour heavy weapons archetype was killed by bad balancing
At lvl 100, (with full Havels Set, and Havels Greatshield, and Dragon Tooth)......with Ring Of Favor+3, Prisoners Chain and Havels Ring+3, you have exactly 100% encumbrance. (Meaning you can still roll and run.)
Plus any ring that weighs 0.8 or lighter. Mine was Ring of Steel Protection+3. Forgot to add that. You'll be slightly under 100% if you leave that out.
Mentions absolutely nothing of your stats..
You need 46 vitality to equip the full set / weapon / shield and the +3 rings to stay under 100%.
are you havel a laugh
I am Havel a chuckle m8
Mid roll with the complete set plus the weapon and shield and NO rings, cannot be done even with 99 VIT. With Havel's ring +3, Ring of Favor +3 and Prisoner's chain, you need 77 VIT for exactly 70% load (78 VIT if you want to wear a 4th ring, I recomment Chloranthy +3, you're gonna need it) That's just to carry everything, to wield the weapon/shield you need 40 STR.
VIT doesn't increase equip load. END does.

KitsuneTatsuki

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 927.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 42
@August 30th Anonymous,

Vitality increases equip load. OP was right. Have a nice day.
Too heavy, I wear Gundyr's Set, only receiving moderately worse ratings in strike and a bit lower in Thrust - Using up only 40 equipment load, much less, compared to Havel. Smough's Set is even worse. Nice gimmick, but without the option to reinforce armor, there's literally no point to use Havel anymore. The poise gained doesn't do***** either in DS3...by far not enough to justify using Havel's Set, when Havel's Ring is a mere shade of its former self as well. Rip heavy loads.