Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

More health from Estus or the pig shield? Didn't even have to think about it. Oink Oink mother*****ers
ptt?
Only scrubs need Estus. OINK!
P.S. I'm just kidding, I chug like an addict ~_~
How many other shields can bash in either hand? I'm noob so excuse the lack of what is probably common knowledge.
Pierce shield is a standard shield with a bash.
Its usually massive tower shields that have bash.
In dark souls 2, you needed this shield to get the pigs to follow you and eat some grass to reveal the pickaxe as a weapon.

Does this shield serve a purpose in this game? I already have the pickaxe.
First you must break the skeleton ball in the catacombs, then you must lure the crab that comes out all the way to the boss of Smoldering Lake. Afterwards the demon will thank you for returning his pet crab and give you the pendant. After dropping the pendant to crows while you have 6 porcine shields equipped you will unlock the secret boss, the second dragon on the bridge in the painted world of dark souls. After defeating the boss you must return to your coffin from the begging on the game and then, ONLY THEN, will you be able to activate poise.
That story was believable until you said that it would make poise work... Nothing will make poise work, it's a fools hope...
Who needs poise when you got gank
LOL
I actually made the trade, thinking it would be the same or a similar look to the unusually bad pork shield from DS2 - sadly, while it's arguably usable early game it now fails to look badass in addition to failing to be badass.

Yes I know the story behind DS2s pork shield, but it was still the best looking shield in the game. I was excited to be able to maybe use the dang thing until mid game, but now I'm just down a bone shard until NG+ resets the fire anyways.
NG+ doesn't reset the bonfire or your number of flasks
That's some subtle vandalism. Can someone revert the whole "Panic" effect thing?

Demonico

Souls: 12.00
Bank: 0.00
Pnoc effect is no official thing. It's this: if you throw a fire ball at a doh6and he's scared a rolles on the floor. Now it got the name panic effect. This shield makes the same..
It's me again - sorry for the grammatics. Panic effect isn't a official thingbor effect in the game. It's named by the community. Example: you throw a fire ball or bomb a a dog a he "panic" rolling on the floor... This is the panic effect :)
What exactly IS panic, as referred to in the item description?
It's a joke by a vandal. It doesn't exist.
I think there might be, in hindsight, although I doubt the shield causes it.

When you strike dogs with a flame weapon or pyro they stop, drop and roll which they never do with anything else which I always assumed was the panic effect. This is very rarely useful but since dogs (specially in groups) are some of the most unassuming enemies its quite helpful to deal with them.

Demonico

Really? It has the panic effect? Okay then the is only one useful thinf6at this shield...

TSMP

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Souls: 45,569.50
Wiki Edits: 565
There is no such thing as a "panic effect". This has been removed.

Demonico

Has been removed? Oh okay.. I though: okay it has 1 useful thing on it. It was a crap with 1 cool thing and the rest is crap, now they removed it? Now its just crap anymore..
goes great with Smough's armor set IMO
Yeah! Thanks, good call. I'll keep that in mind. :-)
Yup, This the Jailors mask, Smoughs Armor, and Millwood Axe. Strength and Faith build. I just go around sumo pushing and shield bashing. Also got the force spells for those who think they can range my shoves.

Holy Ceastus for parry and Surprise Boxing for those Hyper Armors, Heavy Weapon users.

Patches Squat for more sumo pose at the start of match.

Demonico

Yeah then you look like a complete pig! Great yeah. Pretty cool *irony off
Is there anyway to still get the trophy for ultimate Bon fire? I messed up by giving my shard :(
NG+
There's one too many shards in the game. There's enough for a completed bonfire and a porcine shield in one run.

Demonico

Really? Where is the 11th bone shard??
When you use its weapon art it lowers your thrust absorption be 18 wtf

Lockwell

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Every attack lowers your thrust damage by 40,you had armor on

Demonico

Omg! Every single comment I read - it gets worse and worse. This thing has only bad things. There was a great contest from software made and this stupid dude and his even more stupid community voted for this. There were sooo great shields to vote for and only cause his 12 year old child army all voted for it - we have this*****ty thing now..