Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

is it just me but i think that magus mask really cool?
It is very cool and you can get it!
"The only thing better than a skull is a bigger horny skull"
Even on NG++ this fight is still a joke. I used a single forbidden sun and it brought the clerics and main magus to just under half health.

SilverKnightDragon

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 455.00
Wiki Edits: 77
*Even on NG+7 Comapny of Champions I'm surprised you still didn't OKO them
Hard as a sorcerer or its just me cause I'm playing as a mage playthrough was ez asf in normal playthrough I use rapier +3 and I got no decent armor and my rspier 7 shots them but my staming isn't high enough rip

BorealValleyAlaska

Souls: 55.00
Wiki Edits: 1
Use soul shower and it's easym
The game itself recognizes this isn't even a real boss fight. You don't even get a boss soul after it...
That would make Black Dragon Kalameet not a boss.

SilverKnightDragon

Addicted
First Warden

Black Dragon Kalameet is not a boss, he's a Troll designed to make your life miserable if you're casul.
I think the reason Kalameet doesn't drop a boss soul is that you get his boss weapon by cutting off his tail (just like the gargoyles and the gaping dragon)
A single cast of Poison Mist while playing solo (immediately after entering) can make this fight even more trivial.
I actually beat them on my 10th attempt with Benhart summoned...
You're joking right lmao?
"10th attempt" not great but ok nice "with summons" oh
I had Benhart summoned because why not and he actually died during the boss fight. Needless to say I was incredibly disappointed in him.

SilverKnightDragon

Addicted
First Warden

benhart usually does pretty well in this fight but he gets chewed by the enemies on the way to it.
So i was doing a Caestus only run of D.S.2 and i was having a pretty good time until i got to this "boss", at this point i was powerstancing +4 Caestus and at ~SL 60, so i confidently entered the boss room, as i had already beat these guys many times with zero problems, only to find that while i did ~100 damage to one of the two Cleric guys, the other one only took around ~20 per hit (~70 per backstab). This made the "boss" much more difficult than i should have been because the "invincible" cleric kept healing everyone, i ended up dying so i said "***** it" and got Benhart to help me. Is one Cleric only taking a quarter of the damage a glitch or is this something that's supposed to happen, because i don't remember this happening the other times i fought them
>caestus only run goddamn i just got n00bed out on the exact same thing. i guess theyre resistant to strike damage? idk all i know is that cesti SUCK for this fight
I recently fought them again and noticed that the guys that took less damage had some kind of a particle effect around them, so I did some experimenting and found out that the effect is indeed caused by a miracle and that when they cast it, the guys around them also get the defence buff, however they have to be right next to the caster to get it so it's not too bad
The first thing Miyazaki fanboys bring up when talking about how "trash DS2 is". Yes, this fight is a laughingstock, but need I remind you that the Lost Sinner, Fume Knight, and Sinh exist? It'd be like if I said that Dark Souls was garbage and only provided the butterfly and Bed of Cancer as examples of bosses while sweeping O&S and Artorias under the rug. Just kill these goons, stop complaining, and move on!
lost sinner isnt even good
Except dark souls 2 also has the covetous demon, Medusa, the 3 idiots in lost bastille, I don’t remember their names because they were so easy I never looked arbitrary their health bar for more than a second
Objectively, Dark Souls 2 is the worst game of the franchise...has nothing to do with "fanboying". The game struggled in development (as many games do, it's an incredibly difficult process) and went through many of iterations. The combat is clunky, hitboxes phase around during fights, more useless builds & items than others due to oversights, several under-designed areas due to time constraints. That doesn't mean YOU can't like it. I actually enough the aesthetics of DS2 quite a bit, but it's mechanics aren't up to par with other games of today or it's own era. That's just a fact, those still exist even in this age. I've played through the entire game and franchise, subjectively Dark Souls 3 is my favorite, but objectively Bloodborne has to take the top spot due to cleanest mechanics, best story writing, and environmental detail. Dark Souls 2 falls behind in every category, but that doesn't mean YOU can't like it. It also doesn't mean that YOU need to push your own preference onto other people. I respect your choice and you should do the same for others.
If you forgot to summon Benhart can you use a bonfire ascetic to do it again?