Anything without a home!

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,449.50
Yes, I also noticed the WoWish armor at the end.
Hopefully that isn’t a consistent look with armors. I’m not into bulky stuff.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Souls: 11,579.50
I enjoyed the trailer, but it doesn't really give much away. I kinda like that, and since it's From I'm probably gonna throw my money at them anyways.

The game itself looks fascinating, simply because there's not a while lot of Celtic / Norse mythology stuff out there, so From's take on it (with GRRM on board) should be pretty awesome.

There's a less buff Andre, someone wants to be Orienstien (SP?) and some stuff about a broken Ring.

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 39.00
Bank: 7,129.00
Wiki Edits: 5
based off sekiro and dark souls 3 i'm guessing they'll release it in march next year.

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Yeah, Sekiro was teased at E3 last year if I remember right. That puts release in late March or early April, following their usual pattern.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,276.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 3
16126770 Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:From what I’m told, the NPC that wants to be a carp is the only character and questline that Miyazaki wrote for Sekiro. I haven’t felt compelled at all to play it again.
Many quest and progression/extra-things in FS games go beyond ‘challenging’ and into the realm of just dumb. It’s the kind of stuff that you have to use a guide to even know about it. Like the gesture to signal the dead boss in BB. And most of DS3 was terrible if you wanted to get that early Slab from Seig. That questline is the main reason I refrain from rerolling in 3. It makes the play through a tedious drag (no freedom).

Yep, though from a lot of the things in Sekiro, I think FROM is learning. Most of the side stuff is more obvious and simpler (sometimes too simple), and less consequential, so even if you miss it, you're not missing much. Still though, there's a difference between a challenging puzzle to solve or a hidden thing to find, and having the game change beyond your reasonable knowledge so you miss stuff because you have no apparent reason to return to places you have already cleared and were given no hint or info to imply things have changed. It's like playing D&D and halfway through the game your dungeon master says "hey look over there!" and changes stuff while you're not looking.

The problem goes further because of inconsistency, because From actually has sections in the game where it does tell you, "hey, you know that place you've been to before, well there's something new happening there now...might wanna check it out". Good example for this is at the very end of the game where you need to head to the hidden escape path to fight the final boss, but on the way, a wounded soldier calls to you and tells you there's an attack going down at the castle outskirts and wants you to go help them. *Hint hint nudge nudge*, which leads to a mini boss, and the Demon of Hatred boss fight which has a lot of significance lore wise, and would be a big miss out if you missed it.

It's stuff like that that makes for a good guide for the player, so that they find things because they were paying attention, or actively exploring, and not because they just happened to luckily be at the right place at the right time. If that guy wasn't there, how in the hell would a player be expected to find or be encouraged to look for the subtle side path that leads to the outskirts when there's a strong degree of urgency compelling them to take the main route and get to the final boss.

16126770 Nahztek-Shadowpath wrote:So.... Eldritch, do you have MHW on console? Or have you forsaken PS4 completely for the master race? A fextra MH group would be nice for the xpac.

I do not. I tried MH once once PSP, didn't care for it.

As for console gaming generally, After beating the God of War Valkyrie side quest, I don't know if I'm going to be playing console again for a while. got a lot of PC games. Just got Hellblade from Humble Bundle's humble monthy (crazy good deal), so I'm pretty packed on games for PC. Also, PC is just so much better. 30 fps and lower graphics I just can't go back to, and the larger game library and more customizability is just so good.

I have Spider man PS4 left as a console exclusive I want to play (until any more come out like something from Insomniac or Sucker Punch), but aside from that, most of the games I want to play on console are for PS3 and PS2, everything else is PC.

Lich180 wrote:That is something that isn't immediately known, and could cause issues. I didn't really notice it, because I kind of explored a LOT before even getting to Genichiro the first time. Bloodborne did the same thing with it's quest lines, as did DkS3. Updating the world, moving NPCs around after a boss kill, that kind of thing.

Yeah, the changing isn't the problem, it's the not telling or guiding you that is. I don't mind areas and characters I previously encountered and explored changing, so long as there's something that let's me know something has happened, or guides to to finding out. Changing stuff is fine, changing stuff outside of your knowledge and behind your back is annoying.

Also also, is there a new From game I haven't heard about?
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

Lich180

Revived
Savior

That would be Elden Ring, FromSoft and George R. R. Martin, the writer of Game of Thrones are making a game together. Celtic / Norse mythology, supposedly open world Souls-like.

EldritchImagination

Chosen Undead
Peacemaker

Location: In a galaxy far, far away, beyond Space and time, in your dreams...
Souls: 13,276.50
Wiki Edits: 3
Lich180 wrote:That would be Elden Ring, FromSoft and George R. R. Martin, the writer of Game of Thrones are making a game together. Celtic / Norse mythology, supposedly open world Souls-like.

!uck yeah booooiiii
There once was a hunter from Nantuckit
Who was going to die anyway, so he said, "fu*k it!"
"I’ll hunt the beasts of Yarnam.
To get blood vials, I’ll farm them,
and kill them all before I kick the bucket."

Lich180

Revived
Savior

Yeah the idea of From and GRRM collaborating is enough to make me want the game, even knowing nothing about it lol.

The next year of games is gonna be hell on my wallet. Cyberpunk 2077, Elden Ring, Outer Worlds, Doom Eternal, and more I'm forgetting and not aware of, because Sony didn't do any presentation at E3 this year.

Nahztek-Shadowpath

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 6,449.50
Honestly, that new Watchdogs game has me kinda excited. I never played the others, but a friend of mine liked the first one.
Cyberpunk looked awesome. Reminded me of Shadowrun minus the magic and fantasy races.

Neither of those games are my normal style but actually have me very interested.

Praise-the-sun

Revived
Savior

Souls: 10,915.50
Fexelea wrote:I hate what has happened to Game of Thrones. I actually spent hours being livid about the outcomes of E3 and E4 - pretty much has made me decide not to watch the ending so I don't go Dracarys on the world

@qeter

after seeing the last season i feel like iv wasted so much time. its nothing like in the early seasons where you're on edge about who is going to die.

worst season of any show iv ever seen