Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

It seems like combat art damage is not so straightforward. At Attack Power 6 the terror throwing mobs in Mibu village dies from one simple attack, but they do not die from the first hit of the Whirlwind slash...
combat arts will have a different base damage value per swing than regular attacks. 2 hits from some combat art will not do the same damage as 2 regular hits.
Does increasing attack power do more damage? If I do more damage does it do more damage to enemies?
Q1: Did you read the article? Q2: Do you even English bro
NO!!! DON'T EVER INCREASE YOUR ATTACK POWER! FromSoftware is trolling us. With increasing attack power, you increase the enemies' attack power and decrease your attack power. Please finish the game without ever increasing your attack power!!!
Are you dumb?
"If I do more damage does it do more damage to enemies?" Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............
Hahaha i love how 10 people fell for this obvious joke..
Jokes are funny though, this was just dumb.
there is a bug , when you get 99 AP, damage become zero(like 0 AP, only base damage), but at 97 AP damage is very high!
Does not happen on PS4. I modded a save file with Save Wizard to AP 99 and the damage was ridiculously high
Pretty sure that +37.5% damage to all targets is wrong and that's just the bonus against apparitions. The damage increase against normal enemies is supposedly +25%, with a few undead/monster outliers being +31%.
Just did the math and if at AP1 you do 80 vitality damage, then at 14 you do 856, at 27 it's 2328, at 51 it's 5967 and at 99 you do 8747. So at AP99 you'd be almost 110 times as strong as you were in the beginning of the game. Yeah, that should make a difference.
You're terrible at math.
Please show me how you calculated those insane numbers, I'm curious lmao
Jesus Christ, that's so incredibly wrong, how are you even getting those numbers? At 14 attack power you'll do 340 damage. At 27 it's 433. At 51 it's 540. At 99 (max) it's 578.
Like, I'm actually going to add the damage numbers at those specific breakpoints to the article itself, just so someone doesn't actually take this idiot's """math""" seriously.
Attack Power cannot be raised beyond 87 without cheats, just confirmed it on ng+7
Replying to my own post here, i made various tests and it seems the cap really is 99, but my savefile is glitched somehow, can't icnrease beyond 87 with memories or skill points (i have way more than 5 skill points). I was able to get to 99 on different saves using only memories and also by using memories and skill points, altho CE was used for this cuz i aint got infinite time.
They should raise the 52-99 bracket to just a solid 1 imo.
I don't know about your math ability, but according to your data, vitality damage at 27 attack power is 444, at 51 is 500 and at 99 is 538.
According to my math both of you are partially correct and incorrect. The damage at 27 AP cannot be 433. We have only even numbers, how can the result be 433? I calculated 444. The other numbers are correct according to my math. You probably got the 500 at 51 AP, because you calculated 440 + 14*4 instead of 440 + 24*4
27 should've been 443, that was a typo. Thanks for pointing that out. From 15 AP onwards the increases are ROUGH amounts (I'll add that to the article), which is why that one is an odd number.
578 attack power is roughly 7 times your beginning attack power and the difficulty rise up to 7 times in NG+ From software employees are bunch of cheeky bastards.
Quick question. Do the enemies' vitality and posture increase the more your attack power does?
No