Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Now if only there were a list of plunderable materials on the pages of each monster. I know for a fact you can't steal every material a monster drops by plunderblade alone.
Yes, you can, but it has the same requirements you do. If a part only shows up from breaking a part, then the palico can only have it if you've broken that part. It's literally just additional rewards for each successful plunderblade attack.
This is the best for me. I took a rathian plate w it. It's not just common drops all the time. Eases up the farming
I got a wyvern gem w this. Thing. I think a plunder blade, not Palarang, is more or less a carve.
It's more like an additional loot reward at the end of the mission than a carve. Your palico has a chance to get anything you have a chance to get, meaning for example if you've broken both horns off of Black Diablos, it could have a Black Twisted Horn+, but if you haven't then there's no chance it will. Since you always have a low percent chance of getting a gem, that means it always has a low percent chance to also get a gem.
Be advised that as this ranks up, it can make monsters drop slinger ammo, such as the bomb pod and thorn pod. The palico should always say in chat when the monster drops slinger ammo on the right of your screen.
Rather, sometimes it's slinger ammo, sometimes it's a material, it seems to be random. This is from the Palarang ability.
do we get less materials in the victory screen if we use this? Does it really add extra loot or just steals what we could have get anyway after defeating the monster?
No, you don't get less materials, you get the same amount you would have even if you didn't have this. What it does is 2 things: 1) Sometimes makes the monster drop materials on the ground like when you knock it down or it fights in a turf war, though sometimes this ends up being a pod instead of materials, just keep an eye out for when your palico says to pick it up. 2) Your palico will have monster materials on the 2nd row of its own loot screen at the end of a hunt. So, you're not seeing more or less materials on your own loot screen, but you will see extra stuff on theirs.
It seems that Plunderblade is pretty awesome in farming. Palarang.... not so much as I only get the most basic stuff out of it. lIke 50 rathian scales but I need literally any other drop..... or maybe I am unlucky

Kintsuta

Souls: 1,490.00
Wiki Edits: 288
Is there a limit as to how many materials your palico can take at the end of a quest? Because I noticed that some were missing in the rewards screen after a 3-4 monster hunt.