Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

ZANGLEZORP

Souls: 220.00
Wiki Edits: 32
John Sekiro
John Darksoul
Plain name! But I won’t forget it.
John Bloodborne
It’s a nameless character and sekiro simply means one armed wolf.Sekiro is just his nickname what is stated my myazaki
Everyone refers toh im sa "Okami-Oh". Sekiro is not his name.

theappraiser99

Souls: 85.00
Wiki Edits: 6
Except for Isshin Ashina and Tengu, who gave him said name. It's more recognizable than 'Wolf' and less of a mouthful than 'Nameless Ninja', so it should remain as the title of this article for now, imo.
It is his name according to the credits.
Some characters refer to him as Sekiro (One armed Wolf). Most, however, just call him wolf (including the game itself)
No one knows his true real name anyways. Both Sekiro and Wolf/Okami are how everyone decided to call him because he never spoke his name.
We don't know the name his actual father&mother gave him at birth so to speak.

AteBallEight

Souls: 135.00
Wiki Edits: 16
If the wiki itself states that he is mainly known as the wolf, along with 99% of the game calling him The Wolf of coruse, shouldn't he be referred to as "The Wolf" on all the pages he is mentioned? It'd be easy to make a page redirect for new players or people who don't own the game that assume he is normally called Sekiro, and it makes more sense logically.

AteBallEight

Souls: 135.00
Wiki Edits: 16
Also it'd just be nice to have some continuity throughout the wiki, because I've seen pages where he's been called The Wolf and some where he's called Sekiro, which is probably even more confusing for newcomers.
You’re rather ridiculous.

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
Everyone: “Oh, hi Wolf” Isshin: “SeKiRo” Fextra: “Let”/ call him by the name on the title because most of our readers don’t even own the game”
His Japanese Voice is so good.
Hmm, something isn't right here. He's supposed to be "Immortal" or "undying", right? when he dies, he just respawned back in the nearest save point. So, why did his arm not grow back after he died the first time?
I believe the curse only activates when he dies. He didn’t actually died against Genishiro so the resurrection never took place.
Immortality does not equal regeneration. Technically, you could cut his head and all his limbs and he'll still be "alive" but be unable to move or do anything, I guess.
In dungeons and dragons the spell "resurrection" specifically states it does not restore lost limbs. I know it's outside lore to this, but made sense to me, as another said. It would be terrible if Sekiro became Potato and resurrected with no appendages.
Why is the japanese form of the names "Sekiro" and "Wolf" writen in katakana? That's the alphabet used in japanese to refer to outside and western words. Sekiro in japanese is written with the kanjis "隻狼" or hiragana "せきろ" and Wolf is "狼" or "おおかみ", although this word can be pronounced "ro" if it is used alongside another kanji (onyomi and kunyomi readings), that's why this kanji is read "Ro" when alongside Sekiwan "隻" or "せきわん", meaning a part of a pair. Just supress the "wan and you have the name Sekiro.
If I recall correctly, Katakana wasn't created for the sole purpose for foreign words. It was pretty much used as a simplified writing system for Japanese.
"If I recall correctly, Katakana wasn't created for the sole purpose for foreign words. It was pretty much used as a simplified writing system for Japanese." If I too recall correctly, you are right. But the problem here is that this name have to be written with kanji right away. Why? Because those kanjis are RIGHT BEHIND THE "SEKIRO" IN THE TITLE OF THE GAME! (Capital letters not for angry at you, of course not, just a rant...)

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
Guts 2: Electric Boogaloo