Discuss Capcom's Monster Hunter World
Visit the Monster Hunter World Wiki

Can't wait, but $40 for five monsters (including Tigrex they teased at the end of the reveal), i'm not sure about that. But this reveal was just a massive tease. They will probably show more content between now and release date.
>Implying that we're only getting five monsters when this is just a teaser trailer. With all the new stuff they gave us in the base game, and for a $40 price tag, are you really so daft to think that's all we'd get? We have 4 months between now and announced release, so I would expect that to be ample time to add more if they don't already have tons of other stuff they just didn't reveal. And that's not even including all the free events that are set between now and then.
This is absolutely absurd! Why is iceborne $40?!? You it was promised that all DLC would be free! and on top of that you only give us a small selection of cookie cutter monsters! Where's the Gammoth? What about the Zamtrios?? Big swing and a miss by Capcom with this one. Severely disappointed.
I don’t know if your memeing but there is going to be more monsters like tired was teased at the end and they did say they would be showing more later because if what they showed was all why say they had more
I agree with you about the obnoxious price tag, but Gammoth and Zamtrios? Really? Lol. Just play MHXX if you want to fight those monsters. We need more new and unique monsters instead.
at least it isn't 60$
because it an EXPANSION that will be doubling the already doubled from free dlc content for $40. i mean they said all dlc will be free and they where still trying to decide if they want to keep the game alive with expansions instead of just releasing sequels. also considering the massive amounts of FREE***** we got why even complain? i mean you could be like those poor bastards that play destiny 300$ almost if you got all content upon it's release. hell if this game was run the way most triple A companies run games jho dlc would have been 20$ luna 20$ kt 20$ at monster pack 1 20$ at monster pack 2 20$ and all layered armor would have been cash shop. you give off the attitude of an ungrateful *** that when given free stuff asks "is there any more?"
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 385,744.49
Bank: 9,143.71
Wiki Edits: 32875
PSA: The monster list is NOT COMPLETE. These are just the confirmed monsters from a teaser. Capcom has said that Iceborne content will rival that of the base game, which means you're looking at 20 monsters at least with free DLC extra content.
Also, an EXPANSION is not a DLC. All Monster Hunter DLC was free for a year - festivals, monsters, more weapons and armor. There's plenty of content on original release. The expansion is, like any other game, a paid addition with a whole new zone, new mechanics, etc. This is a very fair business model and people shouldn't be upset for the sake of it.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
I don't see how you can say it's a fair business model this early on without all of the information known. You are assuming entirely too much such as the that we're supposedly getting 20 new monsters. We don't know that yet. Acting all "matter-of-fact" at this point makes you look like a giant brainless shill. Time will tell, but as of this moment, we have every right to be skeptical. And believe me, this is coming from someone who has been played every single Monster Hunter game over the last 13 years. I'm a mega fan of the series, so I WANT to look forward to Iceborne. But that being said, let's all use some common sense here. We have been shown 2, if not 3, potential clone monsters and one returning monster along with one new map so far. It is not looking to be worth $40 at the moment... But as I sad, time will tell.
VIP

Fexelea

Webmistress
Webmistress

Fire Keeper

Souls: 385,744.49
Bank: 9,143.71
Wiki Edits: 32875
"Common Sense" indicates that a company that did not lie about their original launch and support of the game through free DLC is not lying about the upcoming content. The have specifically said the content will rival the base game - Based upon previous free DLC, if we expect a conservative Alpha and Beta set for each new monster, we are looking at (in the very least) 10 completely new armor sets. Assuming each monster will provide just one new weapon of each type, this would also add 70 new weapons. This is before considering the impact on Palico Armor, Charms, Decorations and potential Item Crafting.
They revealed monsters for World at a slow pace and not all of them before World too, so them showing little with their official gameplay reveal isn't a big deal.
Either way, paid expansions are a fair business model. You can buy it or not, it can be worth it for you or not, but the developer giving you a full year of free extra content and then offering you an optional expansion is a great direction that I would love other companies to follow.
Fextralife: Gaming News ⚔️ Sekiro Wiki ⚔️ Monster Hunter World Wiki
A gaming blog and wiki network powered by real gamers.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
When you look at download sizes from original mhw release and IB, you are basically paying for another game all together not a dlc
40 dollars is nothing and in mhw how many monsters and events plus colab we got for free, if your new to mh master rank witch is g rank before is huge with a lot of monsters june they gonna release more stuff totaly worth it.
So basically, people who payed $60 for mhw, have to pay an additional $40, where as if you don't own it already, it's just $20 extra for both? Explain to me how this math makes sense. Stop ripping people off
you pay that extra 20 bucks for playing the game early. that's just how the thing works get over it
Because you have had over a year to be able to play the game while people who are picking it up for the first time have not. That extra year costs something and products deteriorate in value over time. So it wouldn't make sense for the price to NOT go down over time.
game would have been out for a year and a half for console and a year for pc with all the massive amounts of free content added to the game and events that people who didn't own the game previously would have missed out on i find it much worth the 60$ for the years worth of content. hell by your dumb logic they should be charging more than 60$ considering how the content has almost doubled in mhw.
Additionally, the price of the game across the console platforms is $20. So, this brings more people into the game to enjoy. They are overhauling the game with literally new content for people who've been playing the game religiously, so pay the devs.
*****ing whiny *****
Wish they added back giaprey, velociprey and the other variants of this monster
YES NARGAA! Can finally beat your *** again ;)
Now we know how many idiots here
Nargacuga, huh? And with Tigrex all but confirmed in their gameplay trailer... I don't care if it's $40, I'm snaggin' this ***** when it comes out.
ANOTHER PISCINE WYVERN!! [Sees it looks the same as the other two terrible piscine wyverns in-game] We were so close...