Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqCM68-UoUA

It is not lacking against blunt strikes, but blunt force could be delivered inside of the armour, if equipper did not worn the undergarment such as thin padded cloth. If he equipped armour which has flexible structure(or only wearing cloth) would have suffered from deadlier blunt trauma which could breaking bones and give him concussion. Obviously, is that woolen cloth is just for show off case? Plate armour provided best protection against all of physical threatenings.
I know. But when considered real forms then this also should have. Thank you for your input.

Redmoon383

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Dude it's a game, they don't have to follow the real world fact that steal is good against blunt and swords actually wouldnt be able to damage a man or creature with full body protection except on certain spots.
Quilted Jackets or Armour are what lessen blunt force trauma to its wearer, keeps them warm and prevents their own armour from pinching and chafing. Quilted Jackets aren't that thin and are very densely woven, they gave rise to the idea of the Flack Jacket and eventually the Kevlar Vest . Furthermore plate mail was able to stop blunt attach depending on the curvature of the metal and how well it was tempered. Average mace head weighs in at about 15-20 pounds, and most mace users went for the head which was always the lightest piece of armour you'd be wearing.
And mace was not heavy as 8~9 kg, but nearly as sword was or making it a little more heavier but shorter than swords. It was 0.9~1.2 kg, fast and elegant shock weapon. Tremendous thing of this kind of weapon is continuing shockwaves and concentrated all weights in their head. Weight is more to the poleaxes, which has 1.8 m long pole and hammer head on the other side. Weighs 2.54 kg, and just demonstrated by video. In addition to, no amount of plate armour has no round surface. Blunt weapons were not designed to just wrecking and bashing armours, but designed to deliever the force inside of the armour and can cause blunt trauma.
What is i am mentioning here is single textile armour or flexible armour which other can be form like a weapons shape. That causes deep indentation. By which means it can stop arrows, sword cuttings but not distribute the impact and stopping bone breakage. Under the plate armour was not so thick cloth armour like maille armour period gambeson, but which had been thinner, called arming doublet. I would never doubt cloth armour was so dense and made from strong material. Only i have doubted here is plate armour's defense against blunt trauma. And plate armour is plate armour. Not plate mail. Mail means maille armour. Mail cannot be used to justify armour. That is D&D's naming error.

Redmoon383

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Is this the strongest armor that comes with an actual full length cape that is still more or less whole? I need to know because I'm a sucker for capes and their looks (screw you Edna and your whole "no capes!" crap) but I want a strong armor to withstand any hits I may take accidentally.
I suppose it is more of a veil but I think the dancer armor looks nice. Also, screw you Edna was great
It's serving me well in protection and weight at level 50. We'll see at higher levels. Very balanced set though overall.
That's some great fashion if you replace the helm.
Herald chest + Pontiff gauntlets + Pontiff leggings = FASHION AS *****
Supposed to be Griffith set? I guess? But they did a hell better job with Guts armor. The Sellsword set. Would be cool if FROM could decide if they care about copyright or not... or just buy the Beserk rights finaly and make the damn game.

Fakepale

Souls: 175.00
Wiki Edits: 25
Not everything in this game is a Berserk reference you *****tard
First thought seeing this in game was, Boy Scout armour
Almost looks like an off-colored version of Link's tunic with a metal chest piece and cape.