Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

I seriously think the lore about Genichiro trying to save his mother is incorrect. The only mention of her in the game refers to her death. Why would Genichiro be attempting to save her if she had already passed on? If to revive her, why not do so when he had the chance with the black mortal blade? What use would there be in reviving her in the first place? The "her" Genichiro refers to throughout his dialogue may refer to the land of Ashina, it may even refer to Tomoe, but it most probably does NOT refer to his mother.
I don't think they mean it in a literal sense. I think they more mean to "Make mom happy/proud" and he that might, to a point, motivate him. At least, it would have motivated him when he was younger.
I thought Genichiro was talking about the child of rejuvenation since she is where he gained immorality from and he wants to protec her as an asset to the Ashina clan as a whole.

Orkwurm

Souls: 405.00
Wiki Edits: 68
Added a TON of detailed high-res images to the gallery. Would be awesome if some one could edit the way the pictures are displayed! I'm not so familiar with this editor.

Orkwurm

also this guy is anime af. love it!
One of the few bosses you can actually bully.
Delete this!!

Orkwurm

now that someone changes the image display it looks even worse :D haha isn't there a better way to display them?
Anyone have any idea what in the world he did after being defeated? There's a huge gap in the story between that point to when you meet him again and there seems to be no clues as to what happened specifically.
He went on a search for the Black Mortal Blade and found it ? It was probably a long journey.
I don't think it's correct that "filling the posture gauge is the only way" to perform Deathblows. Phase 1 I am only using block, roll and Shadowrush. A dozen of these stabs and he gives you the red dots for each of his first two lives. I'm still stuck like a casul on Phase II, but hey.

Orkwurm

"filling the posture gauge is the only way" is still correct. if a boss has no health every hit will automatically fill the posture gauge to maximum and this is what causes the red deathblow dot. a boss can have 0 HP and still be alive. if you hit him when he's at 0 HP he doesn't die instantly, instead the posture gauge fills to maximum and THEN you get the deathblow dot.
Orkwurm // Combiney
is it just me or does this f***er spontaniously become immune to stagger when I'm near death and no revives left? cause he staggers like a drunk when I'm at high hp then when I'm 1 hit from dead and NEED a stagger so I can down a heal quick suddenly that same combo that staggered him 10 times already suddenly doesn't and as I pull out the gourd he kills me...he also seems to know when I'm going for distance in phase 3 cause that's the ONLY time when he pulls out that BS arena wipe shockwave thing

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
Yet another boss where almost every Miniboss leading up to him are harder than him. Not saying that he’s not hard, just the Anime Master under him deals two-hit kills using a two-hit combo.

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
Also the bull
Excact opposite for me actually lol. I realised how to parry the elite in my second round with him and beat him in like 30 sec. Genichiro on the other hand took me atleast 40 min to an hour to beat. The bull as well was pretty easy once I figured out the parry timing.
Opposite for me as well. It's cool how different people's strengths are.
That miniboss under him was really easy, you just had to doubleclick few times and he's down.
There's a cheese no-one has mentioned yet - Whirlwind Slash combat art. It deals chip damage through blocks, has just enough range, and interrupts *some* of his attacks. If you use Whirlwind Slash after each opening, or while he isn't doing anything, you get free safe chip damage. BLOCK IMMEDIATELY after each WS, do not try to dodge or deflect after each combat art. You want to hit him from the edge of your WS range, otherwise you might get countered. Cheeses phase 1, phase 2 he gets some attacks in that must be deflected/dodged the normal way. Being in WS range also baits the jump attack - block then use the appropriate counter to the followup attack.