Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Japanese his name is 長手の百足 ジラフ (Nagate-no-Mukade Jirafu), before more people come here suggesting it's Kirin. It's not. His name is Giraffe.

Ikkoru

Souls: 10.00
Bank: 51.00
Wiki Edits: 2
His name is pronounced Jirou. That's how ジラフ is pronounced using old Japanese orthography. It has nothing to do with Kirins or giraffes.
Maybe it was a bug, but only attack he used was explosives, that make no harm at close distance, so I had to spam RB only
Oh! His name is literally Giraffe! That explains so much, I kept wondering how he was related to the animal Giraffe and have seen a couple threads talking about how it could be mistranslated or something lore based.

Ikkoru

It is a mistranslation. His name is pronounced Jirou. That's how ジラフ is pronounced using old Japanese orthography. It has nothing to do with Kirins or giraffes.
It was funny, a long on going joke where the translation bot for the dev's goofed up and translated the name to giraffe. Nobody at the office had the heart to tell them, but they noticed after a while and went with it.
I can't tell if this is a joke or not. Source ?

Ikkoru

I'd like a source as well, because that sounds more like an excuse than anything. Just in case people were wondering his name is pronounced Jirou. That's how ジラフ is pronounced using old Japanese orthography. It has nothing to do with Kirins or giraffes.
God this game. I'm 46 years old. It hurts to spam L1 a million times in 2 minutes From. Please don't make another game like this one.
I actually swapped my block to X because I didn't like tapping the bumper repeatedly. Worked well so far
Go back to space invaders then
Try using your middle finger instead of pointed finger. It may take some getting used to but your middle finger tires more slowly.

ryanfss

Souls: 50.00
Space Invaders. There's a douche in every thread.
Please don't say that they should change their games because you're struggling. From should never change anything. Don't don't play their games
Super easy cheese strat: loaded umbrella - magnet, block with holding R2/RT when his flurry begins and press L1/LB 3-4 times to spin the umbrella and then just double jump on him when he does the sweep right afterwards. Do this twice and his posture meter should be full then deathblow. Credits to FightinCowboy for this strat.
Why do they claim this boss is not optional? You can get to the other side of the sunken valley from Senpou Temple by solving the kite puzzle, can you not?

xenobane

Souls: 570.00
Wiki Edits: 104
If you don't first cross the bridge through the Gun Fort shrine, the serpent won't appear, thus if you jump off without landing on the serpent you will be forced back to where you were.
This boss is optional atm, if you go to where you plunge on its head it won't be there unless you've gone through the door behind the Gun Fort shrine. There's a way to spawn the snake from the Senpou Temple, though. You basically jump off the plank to get your health low, use contact poison and wait until you have a couple pixels of health. Then you jump off and die in mid air, allowing you to resurrect on the rock the snake is normally coiled around. Heal up and start jumping off towards the bridge until you spawn the snake. warp back up and you can kill it.
if you have to use a very specific exploit to get past him, then yes.. it should be defined as "not optional", the statment made in this thread on how to get past him, is clearly not intentional... nor would any player naturally or logically come to such conclusion
His parents named him "Giraffe"?
If you are curious. His name is not exactly "giraffe". There is a mystical giraffe creature in Chinese/Jpanese culture called 麒麟 . His name is only the first word 麒, which make looking at his name in originally test less weird. But yeah.... English might be hard to translate this.

Ikkoru

His name is pronounced Jirou. That's how ジラフ is pronounced using old Japanese orthography. It has nothing to do with Kirins or giraffes.

brakkaf

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,070.50
Most likely a glitch but last time i encountered him he only threw those firebombs the small centipedes also use without ever doing anything else. Anyone else had that?
I just had the same thing, I spammed ichimonji the whole time even after first health bar he tried again. I wasn't complaining
“Giraffe saw himself as a leader, but his followers chose Sen-un over him” —The cave beneath Giraffe’s arena is full of centipedes, so maybe this is just their “nest,” and Giraffe stays above to protect them?