Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

At around is 7% hp my character jumped towards his Claw instead of rolling. Why they made the jump command the same one of the roll?!

GuiDaFunkyMan

Souls: 288.00
Wiki Edits: 37
Because From Software came back to old Demon's Souls / Dark Souls 1 mechanics. This is the same thing with the number of checkpoints (much less than in DkS 2 & 3) as well as the game end.
you jump/hop instead of roll if you're locked on... genius...

Revenitor

Souls: 50.00
I'm pretty sure you dash if you're locked on. You jump if you're running. Trust me, it's terrible, 'cause you'll be rushing in to close down a gunman, and when you fires at you, you try to roll through, but nope! You become a sitting duck in the air with no i-frames and are immediately shot dead. Thanks, From.

Revenitor

Souls: 50.00
when *he* fires at you
It really helps if you start calling it "daddy" it really throws it off it's game
I can handle all his BS except for that phase 3 panic-AOE that one-hits me at 40 vit. He'll do it as a counter after a regular attack with no warning. Any suggestions or should I try to summon
I'm a bit late but summon and even if u can bring him to half his health and ur co operator dies then use ur poison knives and magic items like blacksky eye. And don't try to hit him with ur melee weapons during this, if u do it right u will bring him to enough health to 1 shot him with ur melee weapon.
Guys... Rakuyo +10 and fire paper. When he attacks, try to reach his back by going foward through to your left (his right) and punish him. This will melt his life
this boss is just stupid, spams non-stop with questionable windows for one attack and you can't really parry - which is just stupid for such aggressive boss. I just stopped bothering after killing him once solo, now I call summon NPC, fire paper + beast pellet and ***** him over in 20s. NPC last just about as long as the fight lasts - usually dies with boss or 1-2 seconds earlier. If someone enjoys cat and mouse fight - good for you, I don't bother.
Suspicious Beggar kills off NPCs and the Chalice versions are some of the most grating bosses in the game. ***** the bastards
Dodge towards his attacks to his left (your right) - especially when he punches, as it will allow you to get to his left side for a quick 1-2 attack. After that he will jump back to gain ground or will attempt to swing in your direction; if he backhands, dodge again TOWARD the opposite direction (he swings left, juke right) as it again allows you to avoid attack and follow up with a counter 1-2 hit. When he throws his three combo move you can again dodge to his left ( I find his left side to be a good opening for attacks as he cannot coordinate his combos once he engages. Strike him a few times with light attacks or a huge heavy attack followed by dousing him with fire sprayer. Good weapons to use is Saw spear or saw cleaver, doused with Fire paper or equipped with fire gems. These will allow quick attacks and added damage via serration and fire. Follow these steps and just adapt to his increases in power in the further phases. The key to beating this prick is timing your dodges through and around his attacks.
Juke to HIS right... not your right. This strategy is the best!!! Thank you!
such a confusingly made boss. i don't get why you can backdash amygdala but not this guy even though amygdala is 20x his size
Location update: also in Forbidden forest - disguised as the Suspicious Beggar (see relevant page)
To be honest, I find this boss to be one of the ones that's consistently pretty difficult. Like even after slaying it a bunch of times, it still poses a challenge. That's why I really dig it. This guy really does force you to get good, as (if you're not cheesing with poison knives, that is) you have to be pretty on point on the dodging and check your greed, because especially in the higher level dungeons, jesus, the damage is pretty insane. Overall, I think it's a pretty well made boss. Definitely one of the better beast-bosses for sure.