Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Attacking him while he's announcing himself gives the line "Move in haste and die brat!"
Oh God dat poor horsey sees his rider dying in front of him and ... :'(
***** that horse it kicked me. But Kokage tho. That had me in tears.

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
I mean, he licks Sekiro kinda passively, if not, thankfully, Gyoubu doesn’t seem like the kind of soldier to value his mount’s life... unlike Kokage’s rider...
The whole battle youre just beating his horse and he somehow dead lol
I feel like it makes sense because of the posture system. Throw off his horse, which subsequently throws HIM off, then we use the opportunity to execute a deathblow. If it was just HP we were focusing on, without the deathblow mechanic (so basically Dark Souls), it would look pretty dumb. In fact, that’s probably why they scratched the idea of horseback enemies in Souls so many times.

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
To add a sensible mounted boss in DS2, they had to make the horses themselves the main enemy, thanks to the posture mechanic, we have a logical and enjoyable mounted fight
wait...what was his name again?
GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA, AS HE BREATHES, YOU SHALL NOT PASS THE CASTLES GATES
WARE! ONIWA GYOUBU MASATAKA NARI! OOU THEMO KONO GYOUBU, GA THAOSANAU!
I've struggled with jozou and yamauchi tenzen but this was fairly easy. I'm stuck at lady butterfly and the headless crazy in the cave at the mountains. I came here to learn if he is the first boss thats why the fight was easy...seems not
this boss IS optional ... until they patch it. check this out
www.bilibili.com/video/av48943818
Weird that it's set up that horses are afraid of loud noises right before, but then you get the firecrackers after.. smells of cut content
You can get the firecrackers before that fight. There actually are two vendors who sell the firecrackers - the other one can be found right before the Chained Ogre
His horse sort of nudges you slightly as you're sitting there stabbing Gyoubu, as if to say "get away from him". Kinda sad :(

teddydawg14

Souls: 95.00
Wiki Edits: 9
i thought he licked your face
MY NAME IS JOHN CENA! AS I BREATHE, YOU SHALL NOT BECOME THE CHAMP!