Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Vapeila

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 105.00
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 11
stop crying, learn his patterns and beat him.
I'm crying because I defeat the best npc in the game

DBGT_bh

Souls: 55.00
Mix of Flamelurker + Laurence
Double ichimonji is very useful in this fight
Can you fight him if you go for the Shura ending?

Altimis

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 404.00
Go Shura will end game at Emma and Isshin Fight (no Divine Dragon boss fight that required for late game boss to appears).
No. Only the endings that require you to kill the Divine Dragon.
I cheesed it, made him fall to his death. Look up Tyrannicon for the cheese

Altimis

Regular
Battle Tested

Is this actually work?? lol I downed him anyway, good to know. Maybe NG+
After so many deaths I just needed him to die for my sanity - maybe I'll beat him the real way at some point
Save malcontent for the third phase

Altimis

Regular
Battle Tested

Save for close attack as well, you may miss an opportunity to full attack on him. Accidentally use it while afar and wasted.

Cnestoral

Souls: 76.50
Cleric Beast or Laurence

StealthBlade98

Casual
Convict

Souls: 215.00
Wiki Edits: 4
For me It's hard to say because he has similar moves or slam attack like manus does in dark souls 1, his perilous attack is nothing like Cleric Beast, Laurence or Manus's move list. And some of his combat style is also unique on it's own. Also he's not really considered a beast and therefor firecrackers and Flame Barrel does nothing to him. I guess him having projectile attacks with the fire could be similar to manus too but i feel like there's some inconsistencies with his hitbx and that has confused me as I fought him. Still cool boss though, arguably better than the final boss fight i encountered at least design wise.
Manus x Demon Prince…
I'm conflicted. I'm considering just using the cliff cheat since I know he'll make me rage, but the Sculptor deserves a better death than that.
I finally did it. I killed him legitimately. Rest in peace, Sculptor.
I think everyone’s primary issue with this fight is their impatience. DON’T hug his butt: his tracking is way better than all the old Souls bosses where this worked. Instead, keep a safe distance and keep running away from him. Every attack of his should miss if you just keep about 50 feet ahead of him, save his special long-range attacks, of course, but those are still easy to avoid. Bait his two-whip combo, then run immediately under him as he readies for the downward slam. The slam will miss, and you should be able to land six hits on him before you need to back off. He’ll either try to punish with a stomp, which you can avoid by running backwards and punish by moving back in for two hits, or he’ll jump away, at which point you resume running. Sometimes you’ll even stagger him for a few more hits, at which point you can also use Malcontent to stun him for even longer, leading to roughly 15-20 consecutive hits. For the fireball dance, run left or right and pay attention to where the fireballs summon from (either left of DoH or right). Depending on which way you’re running, the pattern of movements will need to change, but say you’re running left: if a fireball appears left of the boss, keep moving left, but if it appears to the right, move diagonally left and forward (and vice versa if you find yourself running to the right). The tracking of these fireballs is extremely accurate, but can be avoided with ease if you react to each successive cast accordingly, kind of like a rhythm game. Naturally, in phase 3 you’ll want to run directly away from the boss when he starts his ring of fire attack. Otherwise phases 2 and 3 require the same tactics as 1: bait the whip attacks, then punish. Honestly, this fight is pretty safe. It’s long and boring, though, so it’s easy to overstep your bounds and eat dirt. I had more trouble with just Great Shinobi.
It all depends on what your habits and strengths are as a player. You're not wrong about the way you did it, but there is definitely a way to beat him by hugging his left leg and going for the butt a lot. It's the way I did it, didn't use malcontent, had 4 gourds and 11 or 13 spirit emblems left after I beat him. I never one ran AWAY from him, always TOWARDS him. Chased him down like a rabbit - and it worked. The key is to understand and recognise his moves quickly and then respond according to your strengths and preferences. Your strategy is as good as mine if it succeeds, just don't go around telling people who haven't done it yet that every way that isn't yours is wrong. ;)
Running away from this guy is a terrible idea, his long range moves are far deadlier than the close range ones. Hugging him is the way to go.
(OP) Oh no, I’m all for hearing other strays. I don’t mean to imply this is the only way to beat him. I’ve just been noticing that a lot of people seem to be rushing him and complaining about the tracking on his close-range attacks. There are still plenty of instances where I use close-range tactics, though, like the double-stomp, or any of the grapple opportunities, or the poke, or the body slam… but mostly I just lead him on a leash, lol.
I found running away to be a valid tactic in one particular case: when the demon gets near any wall so that circling it while hitting it no longer works well (mostly because of the camera). Whenever I see him land into such a place, I pull back far enough for him to come at me, then run at him after he unleashes a long range attack. Otherwise, circling left and hitting rules. Just remember to check what he's doing so you don't get surprised by the stomps. Especially the two-hits-then-stomp(and maybe uppercut)-combo: you get stomped every time if he catches you while you're trying to hit. If you're running while he pulls that combo, he gets no hits and is vulnerable after it.
How do I get Sekiro to recognize the demon of hatred as the Sculptor? It seems giving him sake doesnt really do it. Perhaps from eavesdropping?
He knows
I'm asking the same question how do I get sekiro to say sculpture once he finishes the demon of hatred as well as the yes to the princess at the castle