Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

best way to kill him is trowing the lighting against him with the R1/RB button after get hit by the massive lighting attack. (you must be hit in air to counter the lighting atk)
You don't say? It's literally what you have to do if you don't want to die.
Isshin the sword saint is harder :3
Way harder
That's the point, furtard.
you don't say
the easiest boss i ever met.i beat him in my 3rd try. lady butterfly killed me over 30 times , the chained ogre more than 15 times. i killed him spamming in the 1st phase shadow rush till there were no more other spirit emblems . at his 2nd phase i spammed also 3-4 times shadow rush just to close the distance and to make some vitality damage. i always was blocking his bow attacks . and then 1 hit 1 parry 1 hit one parry. every time he swang his sword over his head i was tapping L1 to parry so i beat his posture bar. at the 3rd time keep the pressure a lot . dont let him go away . always hit 1-2 times and then parry , his posture bar fills quickly. then you got the win !
I thought his red eyes would have some more relevance. He doesn't seem more stagger resistant, as the red lump description would suggest, but he -does- only has 1 health bar after obtaining the red eyes. Could be loosely connected with the prohibiting resurrection thing, but his way of tomoe form already only had 1 bar.
He only has one bar because the three phase Isshin fight is right after.
"Genichiro Way Of Tomoe will strip completely naked with only his katana and samurai headgear" ... wtf...... Ok fine, gave me a little chuckle.
There seem to be different interpretations of "completely naked". But the wiki is updated now.
he doesn't wear his samurai headgear
So, I'm thinking Tomoe was an Okami warrior? As described by Isshin, Genchiro's mentor was a woman and appeared to be dancing as she fought with her sword, like the floating passage art. Genchiro's "The Way of Tomoe" style also utilizes lighting, which seems to be a technique from the Okami fountainhead warriors, as they are the only ones other than him (and SS Isshin, but this could be a consequence of being brought back through Genchiro's body, since no where else does he demonstrate such an ability) who are shown using such a technique.

xenobane

Souls: 570.00
Wiki Edits: 104
Not just a regular Okami warrior, but an elite (like Shizu) that can wield lighting. Regular warrior can't use it.
Shizu and the spear Okami Warriors can you lighting attacks.

xenobane

Souls: 570.00
Wiki Edits: 104
Only the purple garbed warriors can use lightning, blue garbed warriors (even the spear ones) can't use it.
I don’t think she was herself an Okami, but likely one of the descendants (like the Snake Eyes).

Altimis

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 404.00
Phase 2 is joke, run around and bait him to prompt a lighting sword attack, jump and press light attack. Repeat.
Thats BS that don't work at all he will F u up with bow if you do this... -__-

Maxinimum17

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 70.00
@anon above Deflect the arrows, u casual
So he’s not immortal in the sense that Sekiro is, it’s just that the Rejuvenating Sediment allows him to survive more lethal attacks (like Sekiro’s deathblow). And as I believe one of the rosaries illustrates, Red Eyes are the result of failed ambitions, hence why they flash momentarily in Genichiro, but dissipate later when he acquires the second Mortal Blade.
I *****ing hate facing this guy before Isshin Sword Saint EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I DIE
It seems he has different dialogues. after I defeated him in ashina reservoir, after " I was powerless, but ..." once he said "grandfather was not. the dragon blood ...." and another time on NG+ he said "Ashina will rise once more ..." (sorry I don't remember it very well). Is it random or it depends on something?