Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

Was there ever a Tutorial Tooltip for the Mortal Draw Skill? You definitely get Tooltip for the Mortal Blade but not the Skill? I only discovered I had the skill much further into the game..
Yes but it's easy to miss, I know I did my first time getting it.
why can't you use the Mortal Blade to kill the undead enemies in the Abandoned Dungeon? Surely it would make sense to be able to stop them reviving? Unless I am missing something?
They're not considered "immortal", per say. They only come back one time, and even that can be avoided by killing them with fire. Would have been cool to have them be vulnerable to the mortal blade though.

ap0calypse

Souls: 50.00
Dunno why this isnt mentioned here, but once out of spirit emblems, you can still use this ability! It just does slightly less damage.

ap0calypse

Souls: 50.00
Mortal Draw can be used infinitely, regardless of Spirit Emblems. Once out of emblems, it just does slightly less damage.
dont forget its range is heavily nerfed
Probably because that's not really a hidden mechanic, the game states that Combat Arts can still be used after running out of Emblems, they just lose their unique abikities(like Shockwave)
Not that strong considering we constantly have it on our back. Wasting 3 emblems on 1 attack is just a rip-off. From Software could make a DLC with new level and Mortal Blade skill tree. It would be pretty cool to use it more.
you can still use it without emblems. just think of it like a backup move
You've not even used it, have you?
You can still use any of the Combat Arts that use Emblems, they'll simply be lesser versions(no extended range, no Shockwave, etc depending on which one you're using)
it would be even more cool if the dlc let us play generichro or whatever to start after you first beat him n show the process of him getting rhe second mortal sword
Added the bit about Mortal Draw still being usable without spirit emblems and how it damages enemy health significantly, even when blocked, as a lot of people in the comments seem to be really underestimating it (Mortal Draw skill could really do with it's own page though).
I went after the Great Shinobi Owl with this bad baby and let's just say it made him not so great after all. His final words, though... Goddamn.
I really hope they end up nerfing this, it makes some bosses that should be really challenging an absolute joke.
Such as? From my experience, this Combat Art is useless.
I thought it was useless at first too. Then I realized that you can use it pretty much as effectively when you run out of spirit emblems and it cuts straight through most blocks by the other human enemies. I guess that’s similar to most bosses’ perilous attacks that can’t be blocked so maybe it’s just evening the playing field but it just feels OP to me. You can just spam it through their blocks until you get their vit low enough and then block and deflect until their posture builds up enough for a death blow.
What, Really?? I've not really used it much as it eats away Spirit Emblems and on my first playthrough I found myself always running out of them near the end despite having well over 200 for the first 3/4 of the game. Now I'm on NG+4 I have a constant 999 supply so I may try it out againater and see.
Ok cool, thanks. Good to know as I'm doing my Demon Bell + No Charm on this run. I did it on my last one but that was my Shura ending playthrough so the harder bosses were locked out of it.
Is anyone else disappointed by the lack of artwork of this freaking awesome sword?
...Really dude? If you feel thats an issue worth complaining about then you must be one privileged s.o.b.
I'm more disappointed when I'm using it. tbh
weird thing i found, if you look at the second mortal blade that genichiro has, it's actually double edged
unlike the one you have (forgot to add that)
Uses it against the *****ing corrupt monk, she doesn't care and kills me. Of all the skills that dont stagger or do something you'd *****ing think THIS SWORD THAT KILLS INFESTED would
And to any who see this, its my second go killing this chick im just upset with the skills in this game lol
Mortal Draw completely trivializes so many of the human bosses if you know the correct times to use it. Both Owls, both Isshins (particularly the last two phases of sword saint), and Emma can all be reliably crushed. If you’re having trouble with deflects I’d definitely recommend you give this a shot.