Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

not gonna lie, he has some beautiful roundy eyes
How many great serpents in the game? Are there two? I killed the one sleeping. So, I went and checked the cave in the sunken valley below and the great serpent there is still alive lol
There are two: the one in the cave, guarding that Dried Serpent Viscera, and the one you find out and about, which you kill for the Fresh Serpent Viscera.
Cleaned up the page to distinguish that there are two Great Serpents in the game, the only one of them is killable, and that you have to encounter the first one in a specific order if you want to kill it. Also cleaned up the language, and explained how both Serpents are related to an Alternate Ending.
You do not need the puppeteer ninjutsu to get the viscera of the second serpent. Just grapple on the ledge, fall immediately after so that you dodge the attack, and grapple again while it is recovering, and finally sprint away into the house.
Thank you! I'll update the strat
How do you fall immediately after? My character always goes on the platform when i grapple and then the snake kills me.
Uwabami (Great Serpent) is not a boss. It's just a scripted and boring obstacle... It looks good and sounds menacing since we're at its territory, but in execution, none of it feels like a challenge.
I mean, yeah, a legit fight would've been awesome. But the execution of what we DID get was still amazing.
weird, i kill Great Serpent then come back to Toxic Memorial Mob but it gone. is it really have 2 Serpent ??
I got by the second snake without using the grapple point of ninjitsu by having lots of hp and running by, taking 3 hits, ressing once.
You can also do Mist Raven right before he is about to attack you and appear behind him. Just make sure you have full HP.
so it's confirmed there are serpents?
You think they would put an enormous serpent prominently in the announcement trailer and then not include it in the game?
thats what EA would do lol

NotSoEmpty

Souls: 50.00
I have a theory: there is just one Great Serpent, but with two heads (like the Catdog from Nickelodeon). When this snake swallows us we get teleported to the cave of 2nd Great Serpent, so the first head eat us and the second head spits us to the cave. What do you think?

NotSoEmpty

Souls: 50.00
Also we never saw their tails and they and they do not move freely, never creep forward, only crawl back.
What if this Great Serpent is referencing Yamata no Orochi? So not only 2, but 8 heads instead?
oh i thought just the same think !!! i posted it somewhere higher but i will copy past it here : So i have a little theory that i wanted to share. On the Sekiro wiki there is written that there are 2 great serpents but i don't think that that is correct. I think that there is actually 1 Serpent that have 2 heads, one on each end of it's body. Some arguments 1: After you stab its eye and look on it while you are in the cave you can see that its running away backwards. ( and i don t think "normal" snake would do that") 2 You never see the end of its boddy 3 in the sekiro lore it's told that some people worshiped the Snake God and i m preatty sure that they would realize that theri is more of there gods 4 After you plunge attack its head its body is laying on the mountain but after a while it dissaperd so i suspect that the "other Half of Snake has pulled it to itself. ( it's not some super serious theory just a random stuff that i have come up with while playing the game over and over again)
I had a wet dream about this snake, and now I hate myself.
Bro what the *****
Next level: have nasty dreams with both serpents :D