Discuss FromSoftware's Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Visit the Sekiro Shadows Die Twice Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

I didnt seem to get a reward for defeating him in the prologue but that doesnt mean there isnt one.
Pride
What the heck is up with downvotes on this site? Thanks for the info
devs said he is unbeatable in prologue so are you being liar do you have video because i really want to see this and send it to the dev team because they thought they made him unbeatable
Idk why you’re getting downvoted, I guess people are upset that they couldn’t do it lol. Yes it’s possible to beat him in the prologue. The “reward” is the different cutscene I believe. Congrats on the tough win!
The reward for defeating him in the prologue is defeating him in the prologue.
You get a fairly large sum of xp for defeating him in the prologue (large for that point in the game) I think it's 2000xp. That is all you get though.
To anyone doubting this man. here ya go. Nothing is unbeatable in a From game.
Any changes to the story if you defeat him in the prologue?
There is a change in the cut scene that plays after defeating him but so far it doesn't seem like there is any other change.
Sekiro downs Genichiro, whom calls Sekiro a bastard. Before going in for the deathblow, Sekiro is distracted by a rogue Shuriken, a distraction which Genichiro takes advantage of and maims Sekiro, nothing else different other than that scene.
I struggled a lot on this boss, figured I come here and give some overall tips if anyone's here looking for help. Phase 1: When the encounter starts he will always shoot his bow once followed by two sword attacks. The best thing to do is just to parry these attacks since you do not have the time to attack safely in between attacks. Following the first attacks, hit him once, wait for around half a second and parry his comeback, this is your bread and butter for the first two phases of the fight. You can also circle around him to the right and hit him in the back for some vitality damage. Occasionally he will do a jumping attack which is sometimes followed by a thrust attack, my advice is to wait after every jump attack and be ready to thrust-counter (Mikiri-counter). Rarely during phase 1 he can do a sweep, he will then crouch down and begin a sweeping motion, try to jump-kick this attack. Phase 2: Immediately when you get the first deathblow, hit him the fang and blade attack with the axe, by doing this you can deal massive posture damage before he even has a chance to get up. Phase 2 is very similar to phase 1 and should be handled in the same way. The biggest change is that the unblockable attacks appear more frequently and more random, When you see him dash around you and the red warning appear, this is a grab attack, it is not necessary to dodge this, simply attack with a normal light attack to stun him out of the grab animation which will stagger him for around 1-2 seconds. Phase 3: When phase 3 begins, he will always do a jumping thrust attack. Stand absolutely still and be ready to Mikiri counter. If you instead dodge this attack he will follow up with another unblockable attack, this time a grab with huge range and tracking which to me is very difficult to dodge. I had the most troubles during this phase until I figured out a great way to do it. Phase 3 is mostly a gimmick fight where you are supposed to reverse his lightning by jumping and pressing light attack before you touch the ground. This deals massive posture damage and staggers him but I had a hard time pulling this mechanic off. What you want to do is when you see him begin his lightning attack, DO NOT MOVE. Jump straight up in the air without moving your character, if you jump in any direction the lightning will more often than not miss you. When you get hit by the lightning press light attack to deflect it back on to him. (Speculation: I can't confirm but you might have to aim the lightning attacks, on some occasion I threw the lightning at the wrong direction, although this could be a consequence of moving sideways while jumping). When he is staggered I again advice the fang and blade attack with the axe. It should take around 2 lightning attacks before you can deathblow him.
I´m stuck in the lightning phase, so I´m gonna try your tips later. Thnx.
This *****er gave me the hardest time and when I kill him I just start screaming and then out of no where he turns into this lightning *****. Now, I didn't know this would happen and I didn't know his possible new moveset. Had my biggest *****ing emotional roller coaster it went from anger to happiness to anger again then to sadness.

Schwagga

Souls: 50.00
Decided to fight this boss with the Bell Demon in my inventory. Think he's a hard boss? try that***** out, made it that much more satisfying when the bastard finally fell.
Bless your soul Praise the sun
Oh *****kkk, that's why it's been so hard!!!
this boss is a really well designed and punishing boss, you have to balance patience and aggressiveness otherwise he will overwhelm you very quickly! the bosses in this game are just phenomenal (the main bosses anyway, the side bosses are still really cool but the main ones blow you away)
Roooooobert
Well designed my ***, the ui straight up lies to you and says he has only two hp bars. And on top of that he keeps spamming arrows over and over.
well good to know the "sunlight blade" makes a return
Haven't had my heart drop this hard in a multi-phase fight since Friede. Criminy, this guy is BIG MEAN.
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded*
Wrong it's CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG *ded* *not ded* CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG ........ *ded*