Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

Onionknight

Souls: 65.00
WEEABOOS UNITE, FOR THIS WEAPON IS FANTASTIC
You realize that's a highly insulting term man for any fan of Japanese based merch unless that's your goal

MALZEL

Souls: 910.00
Wiki Edits: 171
They never bothered to fix this weapon huh? The tricked L2 thrust and running R2 still doesn't deal blood dmg.

HuntingUnkindled

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 100.00
25/50 Skl/BT build and you are good to go.
wot r u? a casul?
GIT GUD SCRUB
katanas are gay GET YOURSELF A *****ING BEAST CUTTER FIRST 50 CALLERS WILL RECEIVE A SECOND *****ING BEAST CUTTER CALL 5475834UFHGDHU AND GET YOUR *****ING BEAST CUTTER
I tried the number but it took me to some company selling bibles.
I read this in Mr Torgue's voice, even though it wasn't about the boom hammer :p
YOUR MOM IS*****
For those interested on a Bloodtingue build. Skill 50 and Blood 50, Chikage 10(no gems):
PhyAtk 184+103= 287
BloAtk 184+172= 356
Since it has S scaling in Blootingue I guess it could still get bonus up to 60 or 70, but the level up screen doesnt preview Chikage blood bonus but normal damage.
Definitely the last place I expected to see a reference to postmodernist critical theory...
Definitely my favorite weapon
I've a question for Chikage users (especially Lost Chikage users). Does the Pulsed Blood Gem (hp regen) of the highest rank stem well the vampiric effect or not completely?

MaskedTheMan

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 905.00
Wiki Edits: 2
1. No
2. I'd strongly recommend just putting the best physical damage gems you can get ahold of on this thing.
Yes you can! You just need to have a very low max HP, since the drain is based on % of your total health while pulsing gem regeneration does not. With high enough quality gems it is possible to offset it entirely. In reality though, I wouldn't set aside slots on the Chikage itself for them (except maybe as a secondary effect). That said, having a +5 on your offhand can do wonders for any low Vitality build.
I find it to be most effective to go with the highest damage numbers possible on the Chikage and then use a second weapon, like a threaded cane or something, to passively regenerate HP. This tactic is great in PvE as it lets you walk into the next fight with full Hp more often than not without spamming blood vials. Or to regenerate health while that pesky invader/host runs away from you. I suggested the Threaded Cane because it also happens to be great at keeping people back and retreating, making full use of the HP regen. Rifle Spear and Beast Cutter can also work really well for this strategy.
Is using the Chikage as a pure physical weapon,(untransformed) viable?
It's probably decently effective on a skill build, but won't wreck the game like on a BLT build
it's swing speed feels a little slow (especially the initial r1) and the hitbox is pretty small and misleading in my experience, it's still okay though.