Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

I was hoping this would make a beasthood build that wasn't dependent on constantly choking down blood pellets, but no matter what I try I still don't have a beasthood meter with anything other than the beast claw (which has it already.) Seems like a bit of a waste...
The whole point of this rune is to use it with the Beast Claw. It also does add permanent beasthood to the claws untransformed state, which normally isn't there.
Beast's Embrace + Beast Claw = Beast. Cannot be more obvious.
The only weapon in the game that works with this rune is the claw. NOTHING else gets a bonus that anyone else can proove yet.
there is beast attire, like bradors head piece and garb too, it makes you like a compact cleric best, rub fire on your claws, congrats now we are a vicar beast, i wish there was more to it, the beast tranformation is my favorite thing about blood borne, not to mention how eyes become blue/red with amount of insight
Not gonna lie, but the way the hair looks in the first pic resembles Goku's SSJ 3 hair...
Is there a way to cover your face while using this rune? I hate the way your face looks transformed
Oh, And by the way... it works exactly like Super Saiyan Style. Think about it : the saiyan screams so hard that he managed to make grow his hair.
And to transform partially into beasts... We scream and we make grow fur on our bodies... ... ... Same logic ! (O _ O')
You know ? Back the days we were waiting for this transformation to arrive, I used write this ( no jocke ) :

) As you see me, i'm normal. [ - invoke beast claws - ]
) This is me as beast-form. And then... [ - fill in the beasthood bar - ]
) This is the half-beast that fully enrage himself with the lust for blood... So, I guess you can call it the beast-form 2. And then... [ - Update / DLC ? ... And thank you Lucifer for hearing my prayers ! X'D - ]
) THIS... IS GOING... EVEN FURTHER BEYOND ! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--[ Atomic light ! the cosmos explode ! ]-- This... is beast-form 3... Full Beast Form !
nope there is not
That's so devastatingly unfunny, kill yourself.
What, you want to be a grudge?
If no one has noticed yet, you can backstab enemies by using the jump attack on their back. Has anyone found if there's a new way to parry with beast's embrace yet?
You simply press forward when pressing R2
VIP

Alkaiser

Obsessed
Commander

The Superhero

Souls: 1,148.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2
You do it like any other jump attack. Make sure you have the rune equipped as well as the beast claws in trick mode.
Shop IconShop IconShop IconShop Icon
Not that precise, I use it against the watchers in FRC dungeons. not with claws mind but I would have thought the input from the controller was the same.
Leap attacks are tricky to input IMO. Half the time i end up doing a regular R2, it takes very precise timing.
How do you even do the jump attack? I can't seem to figure it out ):
(sorry for the double post, wrong box)
You can parry with Augur of Ebrietas.
How does the L2 roar work? I've tried using it like Beast Roar at the end of a R1 combo, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Does it just block projectiles?
L2 just causes stagger and does some dmg in my experiance EVERYTHING staggers from it except for very large enemies and some boss attacks doesn't block projectiles either also you don't take more dmg from fire but you do take more dmg from the beast dmg scaling from players i don't think dodge frames change but idk so if your fighting an enemy who is doing an attack you can't break him from L2 it works most of the time
the roar can also be parried so be carefull
When i got this rune and used it a bit with the Beast Claws I realized thaz it gives the Claws a permanent beathood meter in both forms transformed and untranformed.
Maybe someone can add that

pongkrit03

Casual
Convict

Souls: 351.00
nope, beast claws always has beasthood meter even without the rune
without transformation no it did not. Embrace give a beast meter in both forms now
without rune we do have the beasthood meter but, only in transformed state, the rune makes meter permanent, even in non trasformed mode, giving idea we are almost beast
The ultimate fursuiter
Is there any effects other than changing one's appearance and the beast claws moveset?
Like an increase of taking damage to fire?
I've also noticed my dodges on a certain boss in my playthrough have been more on point with this rune on as opposed to without it. Could there be more i-frames or it could just be all in my head from a placebo effect of transforming into a beast finally. :)
you take the same amount of damage that you usually do
^quite inaccurate, im afraid
The R2 alone isn't correct. You just do a normal jump attack. Forward +R2
R2 with the transformed beast claws is the jumping attack.
The R2 alone isn't correct. You just do a normal jump attack. Forward +R2
Good one :)
Sorry for double post. Phone killed it lol.
You take wayy more damage, tested it out with my friends new character that is lvl 50 and almost killed me in 3 or 4 hits ad my character is at lvl 253 then we tried it without and she could barely make a dent in my health. The same also goes for enemies they do a hell of a lot more damage too.
Hey guys, how is the leaping/flying attack preformed? I can't figure it out /:
Does the rune give any other benefit without the beast claws equipped?
That actually made me laugh, thanks for brightening my day.
Is there any effects other than changing one's appearance and the beast claws moveset?
Like an increase of taking damage to fire?
I've also noticed my dodges on a certain boss in my playthrough have been more on point with this rune on as opposed to without it. Could there be more i-frames or it could just be all in my head from a placebo effect of transforming into a beast finally. :)

Sorry for the double post thought the reply was the discussion box...
It also reduces your fall damage. I only took like 10 % damage jumping down to the Old Hunters Workshop.

Valvatorez

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 1,123.00
Yeah I hope they use Bloodbornes transformations as a foundation for Dark Souls 3 dragon covenant. So you can equip stuff over the dragon body and not just get a boring golden dragon armor. :)
It also reduces your fall damage. I only took like 10 % damage jumping down to the Old Hunters Workshop.
Dodge with the beast claw equipped seems sped up, not sure if you get more iFrames or if you're just able to dodge more quickly like having a permanent bone effect. Could be greater distance too, more testing needed for sure. I've also noticed that your character "postures" after roaring or dodging, which is neat. Probably the best thing From has ever released in terms of a transformation, can't wait to see what they have in store for us with the dragon covenant in DS3.
oh boy... bloodborne get's great transomations, dark souls is getting an anorexic deer.
Is there any particular rewards for this covenant, in PvP ? Or is it just pure fashion with a nice add of gameplay ?
This is also the wrong page to ask about the covenant, this is the page for the rune.

HDIzul

Souls: 60.00
Wiki Edits: 1
the reward for pvp is that beastclaw just got scarier as the movesets are faster and can be unpredictable if used correctly and the fact that u probably "beasted" your opponent
Since there isn't a page for the Blood Beast's yet, here is as good a place as any. I doubt there are any rewards though. It might change weapon damage for "vs beast" multipliers, but I don't have the resources to test this.
There is no 'covenant' it's just a power rune. The Blood Beast's is a name someone made up. No ingame reference or out of game thing gives that name yet.
...reminds me of Ergo Proxy's mask.
i thought the same thing!
personally when i look at the ghastly beast, it makes me think of a younger Cleric Beast. it is almost as if u r a premature Cleric beast.