Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

FextraBot

Town Crier
Souls: 0.00
These are cross-posted comments on a wiki page. You can visit the page here.  Read Wiki Page

Either Constable Set of chest, gloves and boots + unique Master Helm, or Valtr's set of all this. The constables which were eaten by a beast did not wear one-eyed buckets.

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
No, they didnt. They did not wear the bucket helm. Constables are soldiers of a army, their country would not give their men buckets unless desperate or low on resources. They probably had rifles and swords and didnt bother with metal armor.The constables were killed, but we cant be sure that the beast ate them, because Valtr survived, killed it, and ate the beast. Valtr wore a bucket later on, he was probably desperate or somthing in all that struggle.
Actually, they did.
The tale in the description is the reason Valtr earned his title "The Beast Eater"
Kinda looks like the jackets in Owari no Seraph
Kinda looks like the jackets in Owari no Seraph
Actually, they did.
The tale in the description is the reason Valtr earned his title "The Beast Eater"
Since none of us saw the event, and Valtr doesn't talk about it, either is possible. We don't know much about the non-Yharnam cultures of Bloodborne's world.
The master's iron helm is an heirloom passed down through generations of masters of the league, so the constables who were eaten wouldn't have worn the helm, and when Valtr gives you his helm, his title becomes 'beast eater', so we can assume the event was before he donned the mantle of 'master of the league'. The helm was to be given ONLY to the next master of the league, which is why Valtr gives it to you.
The constables were more than likely Police officers, not military. Notice the police whistle and hand lamp. Not to mention the blue color of the set.
Both have pretty similar designs, wonder if the foreign land each one mentions in their description is the same place.

Fiddlesticks

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 715.00
Wiki Edits: 111
No, they are similar in some ways, but very different in many others. The button pattern, the boots, pants color and shirt design is different. As for if they came from the same place...we cant be sure, not much Lore. But I doubt it, lots of foreigners coming to Yharnam from different places.
similar designs? are you drunk?
crow is constable with feathers
Seems like this is availible without buying old hunters. Not sure if it was a glitch or somthing but I got it last night.
How, pray tell?
Sorry, I misread the post. The League was added in patch 1.07, prior to the DLC release. which would've included the helmet as it's part of Valtr's quest line.
The gloves have the best average of stats out of all the gloves in the game.
Wear this set. Grab the Rifle Spear. Be an American.
Made my day.
It looks like a Union uniform from the American Civil War, I guess that's what they're going for. Then why does Valtr sound English from my memory?
He probably sounded English from your memory because that's everyone in bloodborne
I think its based on victorian style police officer uniforms hence the name constable set
Yeah, I found it hilariously ironic that the leader of the League of Confederates wears attire that more closely resembles that of the Union soldiers. Like the other reply attests, though, it makes more sense that it is supposed to be an English police, not American military, uniform from the Romantic era, since that is period from which Bloodborne draws most of its artistic inspiration. But who cares? We can wear Gascoigne's cap and this set to cosplay as Gen. George Custer if we so want.
So, is Valtr the constable who survived and slew the beast?
Yes, he is. He's know as the Beast Eater or something along those lines
anyone still play? im new. just got the game as a ps plus member.
Yeah i do. Alexander#0199 add me on Discord if you need help.
Yep and if you wanna come op sometime my psn is Brother-Martell
Hey. My PSN is MBP_1297 if you're ever down to play.
r/huntersbell on reddit helps me find players