Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Dark Lothric Swords, Dark Lothric Swords everywhere.
Beat cancer with cancer. Splitleaf Greatsword true combo obliterates those R1 spammers.
I chose this with refined infusion on my first play through since I just wanted to be a knight and accidentally became a tryhard
Is everyone lying about this sword? This is my first playthrough i have an astora straight sword +6 and a lothric knight sword +6 and the knight sword sucks in comparasion, i managed to kill pontiff relatively easy in 6 tries with the astora sword, i have 35 vigor, 30 endurance, 18 strength, 18 dexterity, 12 faith and the rest are the default stats for the knight, What should i level up? Do i need to upgrade more the sword?
LKS is only powerful when infused with sharp or dark with good stats
The sword is good because of it's great moveset, reach, and *scaling.* You have barely put points into the damage affecting stats. Aim for 40 str, 40 dex and infuse with a refined gem; 40 dex and infuse with a sharp gem; or 30 faith and 30 intelligence and infuse with a dark or chaos gem. Early on it won't do as much damage, but with 35 vigor and endurance you are in a good position to start pumping your damage stats.
compare broadsword, LK and LKS, LKS has more reach but has the longest frame LK could spam most hits in terms of stamina
Haha he just admitted that he uses straight swords, GOT EMMM
Did they nerf this? im getting 103 Physical 133 fire in my +10 chaos
and D C B B in scaling
To be fair yeah straight swords did ruin pvp in dark souls 3
Oh no spears an magic did
Yeah the r1 spam and ghost range on straight swords makes it hard to deal with them if you arent great at parrying.

TheDeadman

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
Aldrich faithful
What stats do I need to use I've been playing DS since 1 but I've never passed any of them and I always get confused which stats to upgrade when it comes to holding heavier weapons and armor
strength dexterity endurance vitality
@the guy below me: It depends on what you're going for. It seems like you're wanting to be a heavy meleer, so you'll want vgr for hp, end for stamina, vit for armor and str for damage. Just focus on finding a weapon you want to use first, get the base str/dex you need to weild it and then focus on the other stats. People usually go to 40 vgr, 30-40 end if the build allows, maybe 30 vit or just use prisoner's chain (It's a ring) and Ring of favor for for equip load and 50 str. If going full str, go 50, if you want str and dex go 40/40. Heavy infusion if you go full str, refined infusion if you got str/dex. You can use bundles/resins to buff.
If you want only dex, 40 dex. Sharp infusion. If you're specializing in a single stat, str or dex, you'll want to just get the minimum requirement for your weapon of the other stat. Basically, if your weapon takes 20/6 and you're planning to go only str, just get the 6 necessary dex until you get the 50 str and then you can put the extra points into dex. You can also respec your character infinitely, so you can change later.
To respec infinitely at Rosaria, you just give her the tongue necessary to respec, change your stats and then close the app without leaving her text window. You get the respec, but it doesn't take your tongue and doesn't count towards your respec count.
Awesome that's pretty much what I needed
No problem :^)

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 170.00
Wiki Edits: 16
The glitch doesn’t work on XBONE, or at least I didn’t manage to make it work.
@Slime: i use ps4. What you do on ps4 is: go to respec, change all your stats and confirm, exit out of the app right after you confirm. Try to mess around with the timing, though the window is hige, I've never had issues. Maybe it doesn't work on xbox, you could be right?

SlimeC0RE

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 170.00
Wiki Edits: 16
Actually, forget what I said, I just managed to make it work.
@SlimeCore: Great, glad it's not inaccessible for you xbox guys. :^)