Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Use this with xanthous chestpiece and the male conjurator hood or female sellsword headpiece and also use brigand gauntlets and you've got an awesome Egyptian/wasteland mercenary outfit for fashion :)

eyebrowsincorporated

Souls: 50.00
I think someone should very closely test the range of this compared to the man serpent hatchet, because from what I could see it has just very, very slightly more range than the man serpent hatchet, at least in terms of sparking walls. I'm talking like 80% of the players foot model size in difference.

eyebrowsincorporated

oh damn, I thought i posted this on the butcher's knife page. Anyway I think the butcher's knife has just a tiny bit more range.
Yeah, seems about accurate. Tested this on the undead guy at the start of the game who stands against the wall beyond the "behind an enemy : Critical Hit" developer message. The butcher knife doesn't have nearly the range advantage that it's model size would suggest when compared to the man serpent hatchet, but it is there.

Rynbur

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 66.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Perfect for my Dothraki savage cosplay
The Carthus Shotel resembles the Arakh more, though.
From has no idea how some of their weapons work in real life. First and for all this weapon was meant to cut! Now look at it when we hold this weapon. How are we supposed to cut anything that way? It kicks you so hard out of the game seeing the serpent people running around like that....
To be fair, there have been examples of these kinds of weapons in history with flared tips, specifically for focusing the energy of a strike in order to pierce lighter armor. It seems this weapon is designed to function similarly, though it is disappointing to be locked into using it like an axe only.
It cuts with the power of COMMUNISM
It's my main weapon in pvp, dark infuse it for a ton of chip damage, revan did a good video on it

Aenaros

i see you know the kopesh but have no knowledge of the binja nsakara
Revan, stop advertise for your videos in the wiki.
This weapon parryable?

Aviator

Yes
Criminally underrated and rarely used weapon. Has good strength scaling, innate shield piercing, good range, low stat requirements, allright choice for raw or elemental infusions getting A-Tier chip damage through shields. Fast enough that you cannot be reaction parried. Though, like great swords, your second R1 can be parried if the first one is blocked. I guess the straight sword meta prevalence, low drop rate, and late game appearance has kept this gem off most people's radar. I ran through archdragon peak atleast 3 dozen times on seven characters and multiple new games and this only dropped for me quite recently. I was surprised as I had never seen this weapon and had no idea the manserpents dropped anything besides titanite and lightning gems.
Almost sounds like a battle axe to me

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Probably the best regular sized Axe in the entire game excluding the Dragonslayer Axe for split lightning. Then again, given this is basically a Battle Axe with longer Range, Shield piercing and good infusion/scaling it sorta outclasses D.S.A since chip/pierce > chip but you can get D.S.A way earlier than M.S.H. I'll let the reader decide on preference. I really can't overstate how useful these weapons are since all the attacks (are suppose to) have % pierce in addition to the charged strong attacks. I say "suppose" because that's what Patchnotes say but in the past my Harpe didn't work except HR2. I'll double check both when I'm home, fresh intall of DkS3 D/L'ing now. I'll add more if they aren't working correctly on respective pages.
Best place to farm this is at the Archdragon Peak bonfire (the first one.) There are three hatchet wielding man serpents to the right of the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the Ancient Wyvern.
Well nothing against that weapon but that is something i call good gamegesign. 'Has the same damage,weight and scaling as the battle axe,but more range and pierces'. Because of that there is legit 0 reason for the Battle axe to even exist in the game.Why are there 2 weapons of the same type with identical stats in the first place, you could legit call it a skin for that weapon without that range and piercing factor. It is a complete replica of but worse. 10/10 FromSoft
Battle Axe does have higher scaling with Dark, Lightning, and Quality, otherwise that's about it.
It has a higher dex requirement dumdum

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
It's progression, just because they are similar doesn't mean they're carbon copies. You wouldn't want a game with ramped difficulty to offer everything at the same