Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Guys I killed the pontiff and the old demon king before sending him to pillage i have already bought the catarina armor from patches, am i scewed?
if i find irithyll BEFORE getting greirat out of his cell have i screwed the quest, or will i be fine?
You will need to setup either Patches or Seigward to save him. You can still send Greirat out to pillage and get him to return by defeating bosses. As the wiki page here says, you can kill dancer (and by extension I assume Oceiros and Gundyr as well) to make Greirat come back from pillaging.
Its fine, i always do his quest with patches after the main game
I joined Siegward for dinner but didn’t drink the soup, then asked Greirat to scavenge for 2nd time. I then killed the Pontiff and found Greirat dead. WHAT
The soup is optional and has nothing to do with the questline. But, I don't know what you did wrong at that part though.
You didn't have to talk to Siegward, only make him appear there. After you talk to him, he moves to the next location (the dungeon), so you fail the quest.

Damnation87

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 115.00
Wiki Edits: 13
Beat the game, DLC, all Bosses, all Invaders, mission lines and Hostile NPC's. Sent Greirat to pillage, went right to the Corvians in Archives, killed them, his corpse was still on the ledge. Given the prior close call, his dialogue asking to go the 3rd time and his Umbral Ash discription; It's scripted, he's gone and his corpse is loaded there after any load screen. The game doesn't exactly do happy endings so I'm not shocked but Gray did more to supply us than anyone. Side note, send him to die later in NG to get access to all goodies and get stocked before NG+. Rest in peace, Greirat.
Started Irithyll Dungeon and only got about to the mimiic before having dinner with Siegward. Sent Greirat out and killed the Old Demon King as instructed. Found Greirat dead in the sewers. :(
Patches met Greirat, sent Greirat out to Irithyll, informed Patches of Greirats location. Haven't killed Pontiff yet, so I killed the Dragonslayer Armor, Greirat dies?? What the hell did I do wrong?