Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

43 intelligence, soul arrow x2 and great soul arrow + one dusk herb makes the boss fight super trivial solo, she only used her beam attck on me but it only did about a third of my health at 20 vigor easy fight
this wiki is*****
torches don't keep the spiders away. ended up having a nice well lit view while a dozen swarmed and trapped me in a corner while i looked for the summon sign.
I think torches only work for sotfs
Use it in the boss room not outside where u summon the ashen knight.

SilverKnightDragon

Casual
Convict

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 31
Yes Torches will only help in Softs, in higher NGs this boss is absolute cancer, torches are a life saver
My god these comments gave me cancer

SilverKnightDragon

Casual
Convict

Souls: 205.00
Wiki Edits: 31
Ng+7 all attacks are instant kill with 50 Vit haha
just hug one head and keep to the right side
if she stomps just hug her side
ggez
The torch thing is a lie. A lit torch only keeps spiders from attacking you for only a few seconds. Thanks for the false security.
Worked fine here. All the spiders jumped away from me the whole level.
well somewhere it says that it only works in SOTFS. were you on that version?
A torch in softs will make every single spider in the level leading up to and on the boss fight to flee, making the whole level utterly trivial. However, it only works in the PC DX11 version, it doesn't work on the PS3, X360 and DX9 versions.
***** off with that torch

gabriml2

Souls: 50.00
if i use a bonfire ascetic i can get Old Paledrake Soul?
yes
Absolute cakewalk of a boss in sotfs with a torch, just untarget the boss and run to the right when she does the lazor thing and the other attacks are incredibly easy to roll from. A good advice is to never expend all your stamina punishing it, there's no rush and staying able to dodge her attacks is way more important.