Discuss Bloodborne news, observations, wishes and experiences.

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 20,165.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2143
So I need some advice
I want to make a Dual wielding bloodtinge build but i have a doubt
Which firearm is better ?
Evelyn or Repeating Pistol ?
I know that the Repeating Pistol uses two bullets but i would use Pistols just against the Bosses
Against the normal enemies i want to use the Reiterpallash in it's rapier form
What do you think is better ?
Thanks

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,119.50
Wiki Edits: 26
Well Lady Maria uses Evelyn for a reason:

I find at 50 BT, evelyn is a clear winner with just 10% less damage than the repeating pistol for only 1 bullet...
at 25 BT and lower, the reating pistol is better because the scaling of evelyin is not quite there yet.

Reiterpallash is scaling poorly so definitely a great pistol for 10BT only. it will however benefit from BT scaling to a certain extend with +50 at 50BT meaning still 25%of its damage is scaling. so not bad especially since you get 3 gems on it...so reiterpallasch ends up being 200 damage +3 27% gems vs 300 with +30% once...fairly even in the end.

ultimately, the Simon bowblade is the real bazooka on the bloodtinge arsenal with 300 damage plus 3 gems!

the difference is stamina consumption....you can shoot so fast for free with evelyn or reiter that in the end, those are totally the winners. Simon forces you to manage your stamina while the pistols are free shots while you recover your stamina!

On my 50 bloodtinge build I tried both and I end up using exclusively evelyn because the ratio damage to bullet is better, you dish out much more damage in any given time: you can basically throw 5 bullets in a row before having to create another 5 bullets while this is only 2-3 with the repeating gun...it deals only 10% more damage...do the maths

no surprise Lady Maria uses Evelyn ^_-
Last edited by announakis on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!

qeter

Insomniac
Sinner

Souls: 45.00
Bank: 6,724.00
Wiki Edits: 5
minigun

Sidney_Losstarot

Souls: 20,165.50
Bank: 0.00
Wiki Edits: 2143
Thanks ^^
So I'll go with Evelyn and Reiterpallash
Maybe before reaching 50 in BT i'll use the Repeating Pistol...i've never used this weapon and i really like it
About the Simon Bowblade is really a good weapon but i've already used it in previous runs so this time i won't
So thank you again

qeter wrote:minigun

mmm...you mean the Gatling Gun ?

It uses too much bullets...

announakis

Compulsory Poster
Champion

Souls: 24,119.50
Wiki Edits: 26
The Gatling gun is just a gimmicky circumstantial weapon for strength builds more than bloodtinge
28 Strength is wasted in bloodtinge builds (skill is not thanks to visceral)
The damage even at 50 Bt is plainly **** compared to bullets using Evelyn
And cannon are equally bad expect for amygdala maybe...
my YouTube channel
I used to be an [eclectic gamer] like you, then I took a [dark souls] in the knee.

A hoonter must hoont!