Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I had someone send me a lengthy string of hatemail because used this during a duel. I just hope that after his misguided sperg rage subsided he was able to realize that there is a button dedicated entirely to avoiding and even passing through attacks.
I bet you did get hatemail... This spell is literally just an ez mode spam spell... The roll button doesn't change it's dumb hitboxes, speed, damage AND guard break ability. Like everything else, when used in moderation it's fine, but if you got a "string of hatemail" then its probably because you were spaming any time they got close like a casul.
The point is to use it right? Its not being a casul to use a spell, and choose that spell because of its strength. The spammers are predictable.
Only thing unfair about this spell is that it chains into two hits. Gives it way too much damage for it's speed, low fp cost, and poise break capability.
Yeah, but you have to actually hit someone with it - which is a skill unto itself, however cheesy.

I’m only SL90+, not a thesaurus on lame tactics, but no one has EVER hit me with this, or it’s little brother, and lots of people have tried.

Fire Surge on the other hand...
THAT MEANS NG+ *****ES
Ok maid dudes I don’t think the roll catches are from a broken hit box I think it could be latency. However I think I have some counters. Crossbow outrange this spell and r1 poke with a spear to prevent them from casting. Avoid demon scar users like me like the plague. That Black flame HAS A TRUE CANCEROUS COMBO. It’s one the most reliable combos but it is cancer so barley use it. Hunt down the passive players with endless aggression and crossbow shots. I think it might work but I’m not sure. Keep in mind I’m no great player but a pyro nonetheless. I’ll be happy to test this this if ur on PS4. Psn is h32504 or something like that. Send me a message and to set this up if ur having problems with countering black flame. Also I need to confirm this and I can’t do it myself as I never really see to many pyros. I’ll commen if it’s a counter if the counter works.
Mmmm roasted, medium rare host, with extra salt please.
you sure you don't want the salt on the side or on the host itself?
Would you like some cheese with that?