Comments posted to our Bloodborne Wiki

I literally cannot avoid equipping the Threaded Cane and Top Hat, every time. I am always the classiest mother*****ing Hunter in all Yharnam.
My main weapon in my current playthrough. Love the Threaded Cane.
M'lady
Tips top hat
The Threaded Cane is one of the best weapons in Bloodborne.

Revenitor

Casual
Convict

Souls: 50.00
You mean THE best weapon in Bloodborne. ;)
This weapon has a righteous form and a serrated form. It has a high dps form and a slower, longer range form that works wonders for crowd control. It works with base stats and scales with skill (which greatly affects visceral). It has B scaling in arcane at +10! The only drawback I can think of is that the cane strikes are performed somewhat upright, which can be jarring when trying to hit crouched enemies like the Wandering Madness.
If you have some trouble hitting low enemies like those try to aim the camera as low as you need. Weapons tend to swing toward the center of the camera
That and you don’t want to be too close to enemies while hitting them with it.

Revenitor

Casual
Convict

Being too close to hit enemies happens to me alot. It's really annoying when that gets you killed. I've never really had a problem hitting low lying enemies before, but I'm pretty good at aiming off-lock anyway, so it might just suit my playstyle. The worst thing about the weapon, though, is the dash R1. It's good for chasing and closing in on a distant opponent, but it sucks for dodging a mob of grunts. You carefully step back, safely out of the way of the attacks as they begin to launch their startup animations, then go to punish with a quick R1...only to run directly into two or three attacks as you lunge face-first into the crowd. The solution I found is to use the dash R2 instead. It's not as fast a normal R1, but the dash R1 is kinda slowed down by the face-first lunge anyway, so it all works out in the end...unless you hit the wrong attack button.
While playing with this, I discovered that in whip form, this thing does more visceral damage than any weapon in the game at a given SKL 30 and above. Might be useful for a high SKL tryhard-critfisher build where you just fish for backstabs and parries and then gore them to death with one hit.

Revenitor

Casual
Convict

Speaking as player with a PvE parry/stunlock build, I can attest that this weapon is great for viscerals. I have 50 Skill, and the Reiterpallsch did a little more damage than the cane form, but a little less than the whip form. (I think that they were the same upgrade level, but the cane may have been one higher.) Also, it is sort of a quality weapon, so you can try using it as a backup in a Skill or quality build for when there's an enemy that you just need to parry or backstab, especially when using Clawmark. It works well with the Beasthunter Saif, because they're both Skill-quality weapons that can stunlock well, but the saif is a little lacking in the visceral department.
Can't believe I actually used this weapon all the way to Yharnam queen. Really good weapon in cramped spaces of chalice dungeon. good crowd control weapon against those spawning spider.
Fun weapon but has a moveset that tends to miss a lot.
Perfect for a Castlevania build.