Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

I love how sad some people are, like really? Transferring this to low level account to invade with? That's how bad you are? This and all other twinking toys are just plain sad.

This is just one more item in the game this is for poor players who cannot fight well enough and need a crutch. Later in the game it Kind of makes sense to use it. But then the sorrowful jackass player has to come back, Chaos Infused Dagger anyone?

You can dislike this and call me salty if you want, but it's the damn truth. I really can tolerate most of the dark souls community's ******* presets, but this is being cheap and then taking it too far.

If you used this ring, don't point down and throw feces. You didn't win.
have you ever considered that maybe they got it because they purposefully stayed low level but went through the rest of the game like that, if that's the case then honestly they deserve to use that ring, either way don't get all pissy because you R1 spammed someone until you got parried
Someone's salty
Loooooool don't get parried or backstabbed, it's not hard. If you see someone with a parry tool out, take precautions like someone who actually wants to win. The hornet ring is only a problem if you let it be a problem.
Someones salty
I made my own remarks about that and great weapons, and get blasted. Welcome to this horrible, toxic community.
I wouldn't even care if it wasn't twinks. But invaders are all the same nowadays I've seem.
People don't transfer this to low level accounts you dolt, they beat the game at a low level and collect the things they need. You should try it sometime, it's a different game when you don't have a sea of phantoms at your level to 4v1 a late game boss.
Oh, *******. I've seen the players who run around High Wall and Farron Keep with hornet ring.

You idiots really are gonna defend them and claim they actually played through the game and earned the ring low level?

**** no, they didn't. They transferred the ring, like every other twink running Ringed Knight weapons and Havels did.
Everyone giving that lame-brain excuse of "They beat the game low level tho..." Ever heard of Soul Memory?
I love how there are people assuming that no one could possibly beat late game bosses at low soul levels. I did it at sl30 with a +4 weapon. Other people have done it at sl1 with +0. If you can beat The Dancer, Oceiros, and Champion Gundyr at a low soul level, you deserve it.
Wow. What a *****.
Lol, don't expect people to play the same way you do. You'll be arguing on these forums for every game you play. Just adjust your strategy. Or don't whine.
Don't be predictable and get parried, don't get guard broken, git gud, yadda yadda yadda,
Just as many blues, and yellow/white phantoms equip this ring as invaders, so you wanna hate, hate on them too.
No one is assuming you cannot get high end equipment without transfering, duh. It's just way easier. And don't pretend you are good at this game if you need full high end equipment or ganking to win. Git gud! <3

dreamcat

Casual
Convict

Souls: 905.00
Wiki Edits: 169
Chaos Lothric Knight Greatsword. 40 in all stats. Embrace the second advent of Giant. Become unstopabble.
Does anyone have a spare hornet ring mine was glitched out of my world and I'll give you like 60 embers
What platform
Good God, all the salt in this page. You'd think people would remember this is just a game, and there are plenty of ways to avoid a parryfisher.
Exactly! Thank you! I was dueling last night and I beat the hell out a hornet ring user! I don't get the salt
Ciaran, the parry queen
nah, she's the first parry god
Look at all the cute tryhards. Complaining about people Complaining about the ring being what it is. I tried using this ring once. Succeeded in parrying and riposteing a guy. And you know; I never felt so Self-imasculated in my life. I wasn't even using the OP Chaos Dagger strat. I just used a heavy battle axe. I felt WEAK using this thing. It's not for fighters or for anyone who likes the smallest bit of challenge. Roses are Red Violets are Blue The hornet ring is for cheap play-to-win *****es And Tryhard-Cowards like YOU! <3
I am a proud tryhard <3

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Souls: 3,631.00
Wiki Edits: 4
Geez, take it easy. Don't hate on people for wanting a bit of extra. There's not much melee damage to get from rings and this one's the best of what there is. If you're full on health you won't get oneshot from this, unless you have a low pool. And about feeling "WEAK", try using a more difficult build and then talk about not seeking advantage.
lol git gud
the bait is strong with this one
tfw you get the game on sale and get one shot riposted once so you spill your salt onto a forum because you can't cope with dying once in a game about dying over and over again
Reiterating the comment below me
Lol people complaining about this? It's a one sided effect. You only get parried if YOU make a mistake. So it's YOUR fault, not worth whining about. The ring punishes you further for making a mistake...that's what Souls is all about. I swear this community has gotten worse and worse since 2011. I don't know if it's because of the PC crowd or just more whiners in general...

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Maybe it's you? Community seem fine to me; nothing unusual about people complaining so don't work yourself into a sweat about it. However, the way I see it is that it is skilled to parry someone, not unskilled to be parried. Both are true but I enjoy celebrating success before castigating failure.
@ Polyedra: See...we need more people like you. Reasonable and logical. Guess I just got worked up over seeing these comments. Have you seen some of them on these pages? Man oh man...but you're right; no need to get worked up about it. I'm the OP btw.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

That's kind of you <3 Sometimes it's me, that's why I said it to you. I feel that I ran my mouth though since in retrospect I don't really know what the community think as a whole because I don't frequent reddit or follow any discussion outside of this page. It's just that I don't think that this community is the salty bunch they're made out to be. It's always the loudmouth complainers that show so what they say should be taken with a grain of salt.
Yeah it's almost as if lag didn't exist in this game to affect a parry! Lmao what a joke comment.
Parry spammers ???

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

A critical attack does critical damage, which means you're dead or close in my book. Nothing wrong with this item. Don't use it if you want an extra challenge or can't fit it but don't hate on people who want their critical to end fights.

J_anusIHateUndertale

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
Yeah, that's really all there is to this. If you're particularly upset about critical damage, consider the Dragonscale Ring. It actually protects from ALL critical damage by 30% -- this isn't enough to fully negate the power of the Hornet Ring, but it is better than nothing. No one is in the position to hate on this. They are susceptible to being hit with critical attacks, perhaps equip the Dragonscale Ring, or find out why you are getting hit with criticals so much in the first place.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Well, I'm uncertain if the Dragonscale ring protect against riposts. Someone needs to prove that. In my, very limited, testing I saw no effect. It's a good ring though, essential for ultra users.

J_anusIHateUndertale

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I'm 99% certain it protects against all sources. I've used it in the past and taken significantly less riposte damage from the Hornet Ring. And yeah, it's a very good ring, but most players can't even sacrifice one ring slot. Too afraid, or their builds are very specific, niche things.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

So you say but this is easy to test between two friends. I'd say it is safe to assume it does not protect against riposts since it would be common knowledge if it did simply because it would be such an important protection in that case. The Dragonscale ring states: "Protects against critical attacks." That is true, backstabs are one of two parts of critical attacks. Well, this is all anecdotal and a bit pointless because of it. Without proof we're not going anywhere with this.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

The Dragonscale ring actually explicitly says "Reduces damage from backstabs." I was mistaken. There's nothing indicating it would reduce damage from riposts.
Agreed. Although I guess it can be annoying getting parried vs someone just spamming it. Then thanks to the Chaos Dagger it's most likely a one shot. I can see that being annoying. Equivalent of getting one shotted by a boss when you make a minor mistake that was too punishing. But eh...not worth complaining about. Just backstab them or dead angle.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Chaos dagger sidearm build has the advantage of fatal criticals against anyone not specialized in hitpoints but I rather have a crossbow in that slot. There's always a tradeoff and I think it is good that there is a build specializing in critical attacks. But yeah, I can also see how it can be irritating to lose from a single attack.
I'm glad I have it when I'm up against a 3v1 and need to quickly even the odds between R1 blenders, but in a 1v1 I feel embarrassed pulling it out. Not an honor thing, just that I'm playing the game to have fun and absolutely mutilating some poor kid at the bonfire with a hornet/dagger riposte isn't as fun as gimping myself a bit and giving him a fighting chance.

Polyedra

Obsessed
Commander

Agreed, there's a time and place for everything.
Dont you have to defeat the abyss watchers anyways to even progress to the dark firelink shrine?
No
you can kill dancer before vordt and progress that way
It makes more sense to kill Vordt first so you have a bonfire at a sensible distance from the Dancer.
You can kill dancer first, then oceiros then go to untended graves
Is it at all strange that I only use this ring for people who gank, R1 spam, or hide behind their shield? I feel strangely petty with it on while I'm doing a duel with a friend or some invading sunbro I summoned for a jolly battle.
I think a lot of frequent invaders who aren't jackasses are the same way. If I'm going up against a solo host or a couple PvEers who are clearly inexperienced and nervous, I don't see the fun in one-shotting them to absolute hell when I could instead give them an interesting fight and practice some weird moves or use an odd weapon. But against a gank, someone spamming emotes and L-waggles, or someone who just endlessly triggers a weapon art, anything goes.
Personally, I agree with this. My rings in DS3 are often Ring Of Favor +3, Stamina regen ring +3, Havel Ring +3, and a Knight's ring, unless I go into a gank or R1 spammer. Frankly, I dislike one shotting people as sometimes I get called a hacker because I can parry decently well. Though an easy counter for this ring is to use Ultra Greatswords or just don't gank or spam.
For people hiding behind their shields? That's what shields are made for, I wouldn't consider that toxic pvp behaviour unless they did it alongside ganking or r1 spamming.