Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki

Quite simply the best early-game straight sword.
Best early choice of straight sword when you lack titinites. Able to frost most enemies in 4-5 hits
D/D scaling for STR/DEX yet STR scales noticeably better. Goddammit FROM and your arbitrary bs.
A lot of weapons soft scale a little better one way or the other, like when you upgrade/infuse and the letters turn blue or red to indicate improvement or reduction but the letter remains unchanged. In this case, once upgraded a couple time the STR scaling improves from D to C
Fromsoft apparently hates frostbite.
My personal favorite weapon of the game in terms of gameplay. No matter what build I make, i gradually gravitate back to this sword. Light weight, second highest damage for a straight sword, very high dps and fast swing, obtained early in game, and the frostbite is a very useful touch as well. The light weight makes it pair quite well with a great shield. If you're going with a straight sword, this is one of the best.
Not a bad sword at all! PvE-wise at least, ESPECIALLY if paired with a crossbow with exploding bolts as the bolts count as fire damage and reset the build-up after you get your damage. PvP-wise, you would need roughly 4-5 hits in immediate succession to proc Frostbite, which is just not reasonable to ask of anyone in a PvP fight.
This is like one of the best weapons in the game.

Silverscales_

Casual
Convict

Souls: 0.00
Bank: 123.00
Wiki Edits: 13
disables the heavy attack button when paired with a grass crest shield :p but in all seriousness, i like this sword quite a lot, but i'm pretty sure everyone does.
Disabled?
He's implying R1 mashers, friend.

CuddlyREDRUM

Souls: 53.00
Made a Frost character for cosplay, but holy crap this thing has bad scaling early. The only good thing is it runs on Twinkling titanite, so you can fully upgrade it by about Abyss Watchers/Deacons, along with heading to the first DLC for a titanite Slab. Hopefully the Strength scaling gets better than what I am currently getting at a +2 weapon upgrade.

Grim_Reaper

Addicted
First Warden

Souls: 161.00
Wiki Edits: 17
it's the Drake Sword of DS3 basicaly with Frost as the key element. After the watchers it gets much weaker cause of the skeletons and opponents with so much hp that frost doesn't kill them off anymore.
Going through the game level 25 and no titanite upgrades is only possible thanks to this sword