Discuss Divinity Original Sin, as well as comments posted to our Divinity Original Sin Wiki and Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

This is the most dumb quest in the whole game so far. The person who designed it must have had a lot of fun. The fights are just amazingly impossible to win on tactician. As dude above mentioned, on arena you just get perma mad and watch your characters go through the whole inventory of stupid scrolls. It says "suggested level 19", but those damn lizards are 20 lvl obviously, and i'm not quite sure that even if I had lvl 20 charachters, it would be any easier. The mages just tear apart your team in the first few rounds and then it just charm and ****.
It's perfectly doable on 19. Your strats must simply suck.
Learn 2 play
Looks like most of these bugs are fixed as of today. Just finished it off, beat the fight by using a source point to buff Sebille's bow range then destroyed all of the black mirrors except for the one that spawns the red prince. Unlinked all of my characters, spread them as far away from one another as I could without triggering the event, then had Sebille use tactical retreat (with peace of mind on for the initiative bonus) to get up on the high ground to start off the fight. Killed Windego in one turn (at level 19, was using glass cannon) then cleared the others off pretty quickly. It's a ***** of a fight if everyone gets hit by Windego's fireball on the first turn. Spreading out is the key :O
DE: For the necrofire/respawning revenants, I found Bless for the ground necrofire mostly useless. Instead I used Tornado as much as possible before starting the fights. For the first area I had 2 characters with Tornado (one from the staff in Kemm's Vault), one of those characters also had Cloak & Dagger which meant I could sneak them into the middle and position so that a tornado cleared the room farthest from stairs. Second tornado-er started the fight by clearing the area nearest the stairs, second one followed, while other 2 party members stood around downstairs. This took care of the necrofire on the ground, and then I used rain/water and bless directly on the revenants to take them down. Without rain they would do some crazy things, including in one case respawning on the other side of the locked door below. The entire system of respawning here makes no sense. For the second area, through the first locked door, you can tornado clear the entire upper left alcove with a tornado from the doorway. There is also a small area on the stairs, a little more than halfway up, where you can tactical retreat and make the encounter visible but not engage, which is handy for positioning if you can figure out where to land. I did it accidentally - a pillar blocks the line of sight of the mob at the top of the stairs.
Same here, though I noticed if u teleport them out of the building before killing them they stay dead

mxrigg

Souls: 65.00
Wiki Edits: 3
I'm pretty sure they nerfed the XP on from the silent monk doppelgänger fight in the arena through the first portal. I'm playing definitive edition and Red Prince is not in my party. I didn't record the exact number but it was around 74,000 XP for killing each of the four (Alexandar, Malady, Red Prince, Windego); totaling ~296,000XP.

mxrigg

And this also may be a definitive edition thing, but I was able to sever The Red Princess' bond with the God King using the same Swornbreaker that I used to free Windego. In my inventory, the Swornbreaker said it had no charges left and was red (broken). I was still able to use this one to free The Red Princess and get the unique (but not very good) "Circle of Suns" ring.

mxrigg

Forgot to say, after using the broken one to free The Red Princess, the Swornbreaker was taken out of my inventory.
MY ADVISE: if u have a 2hd character in ur party, u can pass the speech check (53k XP) and than kill Brahmos and the dreamers for a lot of XP, it will get u a unique 2hd sword with 177 max dmg at lv20, but u have to kill Sadha after that because she din't trust u, anyway even more XP. In that gameplay I was 2hd dps lone wolf with Sebille so it doesn't matter anyway.

Pavsimon

Souls: 50.00
For the respawning revenants - the cursed fire could be vanished by blessed water arrow ( expensive solution) - if the revenant in hi invincible form is not able to get tot the cursed fire during his turn = killed at the end of the turn - I was able to block him in the corner of the room with one character which prevents him to get to the fire to respawn - I have tried to lure them to the room without any cursed fire and close the door behind them, unfortunately they are able to open the door even in their invincible form - one time i have applied static cloud on the place where revenant was respawning and it dies during the process....was not able to reproduce it again so not sure if this solution works or not
Where is "A Lizard Nightmare"? It doesn't even have a descrip in the quest log, just a title...
I think it's the same quest. from what I've read in other forums, they put out a patch that renamed The Consulate to A Lizard Nightmare. Same quest, different title.
A ridiculously tough battle, though you don't have to fight it, you can get one character through the portal and that escapes the battle and progresses the quest.
Blessing the necrofire as much as you can before the revenant battle is easiest, just make sure everyone's got the spell ready to stop all of their attempts to set up more necrofire. VERY bad initial set up, your party is as bad off initially as it can be, though this battle is not as hard as the next one with Wendigo who can wipe out your party in her first strike, wiping out your magic armor and then putting most of your party into madness. Kill her first and foremost, and like usual, try to find summons to help you, though most of them are fire or poison based, which almost all enemies are always protected and healed from, which makes Summoning a real loss of a skill most of the time. Angry Flower is basically worthless in most battles in the game therefore, as is Bone Widow. Only Incarnate is worth squat, but you have to get a good surface down first, and if you have Summoning at level 10, you can summon an Incarnate Champion.
U can electrify ur summoned champ - which also gives it teleporting abilities. Also u can get it above level 10 with equipment