Comments posted to our Dark Souls 2 Wiki

1 agility =artificial difficulty
2 it is only there to weaken early game players
3 praise the sun
Or you could just get at least 92 agility and never worry about it again......
Seriously i feel like half the people complaining about it never level it on purpose just to complain about it.
1. I do not view agility as artificial difficulty, it is a real game mechanic that makes sense to me.
2. Git Gud.
Learn what artificial difficulty means before spreading it's incorrect meaning. It's a stat encompassed by a core mechanic. Which EVERY RPG game has. If DeS or DS1 had agility you wouldn't think anything of it, you would level it and shut your mouth. Adjust to change you sun praising scumbro.
I love the butthurt DS1 fanboys. They can't just strip naked and become untouchable anymore, and it never ceases to make the twinks fly into a rage. It's just like when others of their ilk play DS3 and piss and moan about not being able to poise through everything. I guess free backstabs equals 'skill' to DS1 players?

SilverKnightDragon

Regular
Battle Tested

Souls: 220.00
Wiki Edits: 34
1. Agility = increasing the speed and effectiveness of rolls to make the game easier. imagine ninja flipping with full havel's and dual wielding Great swords? Now that's possible. in DS1 it is impossible. 2. it is there to allow even heavy builds make use of rolls without capping off Vitality, in DS1 END was an OP stat and Resistance was totally useless(look a DS1 Giant Dad FFS with 66 END, yes hes easy in PvP if you know how to deal with him but in PvE he is nearly unstoppable! even in NG+ a veteran Giant Dad player will steam roll the game including DLC's in around a Hour!), From Software took notes(they only do so to make the game harder) so they split it into 3 and gave some END qualities to Resistance and called it ADP. in DS3 they went back into 2 stats and made a Luck stat that does something similar involving status effects and reverted to weight based i-frames. 3. No argument here, Praising the Sun is always the correct answer. \o/
you know when you strip yourself naked in ds1 and supposedly become untouchable thats only 13 I frames compared to the 16 you can get max in ds2. and Besides even the slightest tap will do massive damage while naked so your punished harder for *****ing up. and the reason some people at the very least complain about it is because of how poorly it was implemented when you give us a stat in an rpg that is vastly superior to every other stat regardless of what kind of character or build your going for, you have a balancing problem.
From soft should’ve changed your roll to a flip at high agility.
They should've scrapped the ADP system, but whatever...

HotPocky94

Souls: 50.00
i wouldn't be bothered if it scaled better and had a higher cap, but i'm a jack of all trades in heavy armour, so i don't think my opinion counts. also i take things so carefully that i've only just gotten the king's ring and i've already hit 2m soul memory. i'm not very good.
Basically a crutch for those who can't learn dodge timings.
I mean to some extent, but it needs to be levelled up at least somewhat so DaS2's broken hitboxed fon't wreck perfectly good dodges
AKA: git gud
What a pretentious stupid comment
Not really, because in DS1 you have 13 Invincibility Frames when fast rolling, but in DS2 if you don't level agility then you only have THREE for your fast roll. Even if you level agility to its ABSOLUTE maximum you get 16 Invincibility Frames which is barely more than what you START with in DS1. That also doesn't take into account the fact that enemies are much more erratic and quick in DS2, meaning you REALLY want more Invincibility Frames.
Only need 1 frame ez
eat*****, weeb
How about we just remove iframes altogether? ***** dexfags amirite?
No, if you’re the iframes run out while still in a weapons hitbox you take damage. Leveling adp is a way around that.
16 I frames is actually quite a bit more than DS1 fast rolling. the I frame difference between fast and med rolling in ds1 is only 2 this is a 3 frame difference. and the Dark wood grain ring only gave 15 I frames 16 I frames is most I frames I think you can have in any of FromSofts games. Every frame can make a difference on rolls. IN ds2 especially because of the wonky hit boxes you get that will half the time cuck you and half the time cuck the enemy and then the rest of the time work properly.
My advice to anyone struggling with starting iframes: get out before the swing comes. After you land a hit or two, make some distance before the enemy's attack comes in. I know this isn't always doable, but playing cautious at the start, then going more agressive later on, is a totally viable (and recommended) strat. Not every encounter has to be balls to the wall combat, with trying to dodge through hits. If you go for a heavier build, then you can probably block it and tank the damage, rather than take the full force for a failed roll. What I personally did, was learn to parry. I wouldn't recommend the parry strat to a new player though, as it can be hard to get a grasp on.

TL;DR Just back off whenever you can, or block the hit.
shield or die wihtout any agility. And stop pls giving flawed advice...it wont help those poor souls when they face a boss relentlessly hacking away at them. Or is your solution then get 2 helpers? Let others play your game? just go away...
my advice is to just level adaptability until agility reaches 105 at which point your rolling will have I frames equal to fast rolls in ds1 this will give you a vastly superior window to avoid attacks making the game significantly easier. Oh also stock up on life gems if you don't have any self imposed challenge rules. They are dirt cheap sold by Melentia in infinite quantities after killing the last giant and you can carry 99 of them at a time. Infinite healing at your fingertips.
wait what is there invincibility frames on rolls in dark souls 2? because i don't *****ing have any even if i dodge perfectly
Level your adaptability/attunement. I'm pretty sure you are literally on the page which tells you that this stat literally increases your I-frames.
If you dodge and by the end of the iframes the weapon is still hitting you, you take damage. I can see while you’ll be confused.
the minimum I frames is 5 less than fat rolling in ds1 so yeah the window is ludicrously small initially to avoid damage. But on the flip side at 16 I frames with a heavy investment dodging becomes an absolute cake walk unless Hitboxes decide to not work.
they say dark souls 2 is the easiest of the 3 games. and there you have it, learn to do something properly that should be done by the game itself, but no, we have to add a stat that would affect your i-frames and you would as a begginer, had to perfectly time your rolls to not suck like a total loser.
I genuinely don't see what your criticism is Anon. Are you agreeing with people saying it's the easiest or disagreeing? So beginners need to learn perfect roll timing in order to use it before they've leveled agility, ergo a trial by fire that makes the beginner learn the mechanic under more stringent circumstances than say, DS1 or Demon Souls, and *then* allow them to ease the difficulty of the mechanic? So is it the "easiest" because it makes new players learn the most important technique lest they "suck like a total loser" because perfectly timing those rolls with down to just 5 iframes is really *****ing hard. Also, what do you mean that it should be done by the game itself? Isn't that literally what the stat is for? You don't tend to start with high enough agility to really notice that your rolls are easy when they... aren't and that means that every enemy in the game will serve as a practice for that stringent timing until you level adp, then it becomes on par with and eventually better than DS1's roll system.
No rolling isn’t necessary in these games, many options exist such as knuckling up with a shield or using bows.
"Rolling isn't necessary." Maybe for the most skilled players and thats a big maybe. You can't always block or keep your distance in these games. Rolling is the single best way to avoid damage. DS2 cucks your rolls early on unless you get like 20-40 points in adaptability right at the starting gates. Which is by the way the optimal strategy in basically every build.
Does carry weight have an effect on iframes in DS2? I know it increases roll distance, but tbh with how I play it isn't really necessary for me to roll further (when I play melee).
no only the agility stat increases I-frames
I don't see the sweat behind this stat... I've gotten by on 86 Agility just by relying on timing my blocks and careful spacing to avoid damage, and I've got my magic resistance pretty high, and I don't even need a Greatshield or Heavy Armor to endure most things. Sure, it is HELL at first, but it's just like learning a different playstyle.
"Like learning a different playstyle" No,it's being forced into playing a tanky build unless you spend at least 20 points into ADP.
To everyone who disliked this comment: git gud Also try to understand how this stat factors into a RPG game, picking either high VIT or high ADP or balancing them for your build can give different benefits to different situations. also git gud
That’s all fine and dandy except for PvP, all it did was raise the meta from 100-120 to 140-160 by adding another stat to level. If it was so great why is it not in 3? They were able to accomplish the same thing just fine with light medium and fat rolls.
kill yourself
the problem with agility is it is just OP you either level it up or you can't dodge for*****. Janky hitboxes don't help either.
Few people in this reply post actually gets the bigger picture. Hint: It's not those losers spouting 'Git Gud'.
Hands down the best implementation of iFrames and rolling in any Souls game. Prevents players from having maximum invincibility frames with zero investment, so the balance between faster rolling and heavier armor is more fair, while still tipped in favor of rolling. People *****ing about it are just angry they can't spam roll to win like in DS3, or become circus perform- err, "ninjas" like in DS1. The effect on item consumption is negligible and once again tipped in favor of faster builds, which also makes sense considered one would take longer to drink an Estus in a full suit of armor. All this works great in conjunction with poise and armor, it's counterpart, which, big surprise, actually works in this game!
Nice to see a positive view on arguably this game's most least favorite aspect. I'm the same way. Plus, you only need 6 points (in a game with plenty of repec opportunities and generous leveling) to get a good roll
In a game where a leveling system is designed for careful design making one stat should not be valued above all others.
more like the worst implementation Because of how overpowered it made Adaptability as a stat especially for those early levels. The only time I will level anything else early on is to meet a weapon or spells min requirements. there is no reason to skip out on this stat regardless of your build, play style, or skill level. It is just as bad as resistance was in dark souls 1 and for opposite reasons. resistance was a worthless stat while adaptability is so Overpowered that the only reason to not take it is for challenge runs. The best part however is that the game doesn't even tell you anything about what agility is or what it actually does. You have to go to the Wiki just to know the basic idea of what the stat is supposed to do.
Easily the best leveling system, unlike iframe souls 1 and 3 where you can dodge anything 2 seconds early or late (exaggeration for those who get salty) at the start, you have to earn that capacity, better balancing for more varied builds, I dare ds1 and 3 fan club do a 83 agility run in light armour (great fun especially when you switch to high agility and never fail dodge from intense training, its why I dodge so great of the other 2) as for a comment of hit box, they must have a pirated edition cause I never seem to get this issue, had it on ds1 but not 2 or 3 (except throwing knives)
Kill yourself
Follow your own dreams instead of pushing them onto others, anon 2.
butthurts can't accept the truth, go back to your roll spam game
You can literally roll spam in this game and even backstep spam. If anything this game is more cancerous than 1 and 3. Your argument is invalid and you should stop being a massive ***.
I did your challenge, fun fact I still think agility breaks the game by being unpredictable. I cannot tell a players adp from their build like I can with str, dex, vit, faith, or intelligenc.

JTDocRobert9

Souls: 50.00
Fun fact for you man: Dark Souls is NOT an online competitive multiplayer series.. the multiplayer, especially the PvP, is not what the game is built around. These are single player action rpgs, that happened to find a neat little way to throw a little bit of co-op and online play in as a little bonus to the actual game. This isnt fortnite, battle royal, destiny, or any of those stupid games. A stat in a single player game is not broken, because it is "unpredictable" to you and the 10% of the series fans... the PvP community